Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Pay 2000

at_ease said:
That is correct. Your new IDD shows as 1/6/06.

Seems to be a bit of confusion as to what IDD means on promotion. Quite a large number of my colleagues believe that if they enter the the next rank at level 4 then their pay stays the same for 4 years, 3 years if promoted in to a level 3 band. (and they were also saying thats why they wouldn't want to get promoted as they'd be better off staying put)

I would have thought they'd get a pay increase on the next IDD

Thanks in advance

I thought you get a minimum 2% rise on promotion so you move to the level that will achieve that. Then receive any rises as applicable.

On the original transition to pay 2000 all pay in issue under the old system was assimilated to the nearest (same or higher in all cases) actual rate of pay under pay 2000. If this took individuals to al evel higher than their seniority they marked time until their seniority caught up - I'm fairly confident there can't be many (if any) still in this position. Now on promotion an individual gains a minimum of 2% and is given an IDD of the anniversary of promotion regardless of which level the 2% has taken them to.