PAX.......TOP NOTCH !!! (EDIT: NOT!)

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ewan2000, Dec 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My Eldest recently fractured his arm at school and received the obligatory camoflague plaster cast which now means he is Special Forces!!

I was reminded that I had PAX and had taken out the Family cover so I gave them a call to check if I was entitled to anything. 2 weeks later and nearly £400 quid in the bank, no quibbles, nothing so top marks to PAX :D :D

Any clues or hints on how my little one should break an arm :twisted:

Joking of course !!!!!!

2. Why?

3. throw said little one down some stairs. say the lil one sliped. bonus !!!!!!

4. 1,Place arm on two bricks,placed about 10 inches apart.
    2,Step on arm,between the bricks.
    3,Erm,that should do it.

5. Go for a leg next time as I believe they are worth more, for inspiration on how to do it watch 'Escape to Victory' (its bound to be on one of the many film channels over Christmas)

6. do you get more for a disappearance?? then simply send to the mathhews or mccanns for xmas! job done and you'll have no comeback as they have previous....

7. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

And you havent sued the school for their total lack of regard and negligence towards your son :lol:

8. wah check? that was his arm.

9. mmm Nice idea :D

10. If you think that's a runner than give the Customer Service Centre another call and they'll put you through to the free PAX Legal Advice Helpline - no harm in asking...

Regards,

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

No bad idea, kids are supposed to fall over and break things. Unless a teacher threw your lad down the stairs in which case its criminal not civil.

just because the chav set sue at the drop of a hat doesn't mean you have to join them. It because of the litigation threat looming over them that schools are reducing still further any activity that involves any level of risk just incase they get sued. Theres a wholse set of kids growing up that will never climb a tree just in case they fall out of it, or play "war" with homade catapults or do all the fcuking stupid crazy things that kids seemed to do in the 70's and 80's when I was growing up. And all because the H&S get blamed for what is basically not an H&S issue its about councils and schools and organistations getting sued by the "Its my Right" mob.

So feel free to join them, or just take you £400 ins payout, bank it and find your lad the biggest fcuk of tree and tell him to shimmy to the top and tell you what he can see!

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I beg to differ. Pax refused to pay out to me after an MD because I was one month over the claim time. Good excuse which I won't bore you with. They also claimed to have no record of my policy. They are an insurance company and are out to make money and if they can wriggle out they will. Good luck to them. Personally I dislike them intensely and seeing them getting limelight on my own website is upsetting. Fckers. Think I'll start an anti-pax campaign - I don't doubt there are plenty of people out there who've also been given the small-print FO.

13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

FCUK ME A lightning bolt from Valhalla!

my two pence worth. PAX is insurance and as Good CO states inurance companies will try not to pay a claim if they think they don't have to. So if you take a contract read the small print understand what it is your buying and then and only then sign the application. And that goes for any type of Insuarnce or Assurance product.

14. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

But the small print is there for you to read - all you have to do is read it. Ignorance is no excuse in law or insurance. Read it and understand what it is you are paying for and then there should be no surprises.

Bottom line is that all insurance is based on a contract. If the contract says it pays in certain circumstances, then provided you meet those circumstances it will pay out. If the insurer doesn't, follow the complaints procedure all the way to the Ombudsman and they will make them pay out if the claim is valid.

If you get to the Ombudsman and they still won't agree your claim, then it simply wasn't covered or you were in breach of a material condition.

In your case, you missed the claims notification deadline but had "a good excuse". Who do you propose should sit in judgement of the "good excuse arbitration panel"? Ultimately, it is the Ombudsman. Did you follow the required complaits procedure? If you did, and the Ombudsman held against you, then they didn't think your excuse was good enough.

PAX, and all other policies charges a premium for a given payment in given circumstances. Buying a policy is not an absolute guarantee for money for all injuries in all circumstances, only those covered in the contract.

15. They failed to pay out in my case as I had not started the ball rolling for compensation soon enough (Pardon me for being on tour) and I did not retain the details of the quack who treated my breaks so they only had my biff chit and Op Tour brown med card thingy to go off. I thought this was questionable however wasn't about to call in my Chavvy No win No fee team.

Fair enough I didn't need the money I was just having a pop at getting some as I'd paid into PAX for years and a mate said I was entitled. Technically he was right. I never saw a penny though.