PAX.......TOP NOTCH !!! (EDIT: NOT!)

My Eldest recently fractured his arm at school and received the obligatory camoflague plaster cast which now means he is Special Forces!!

I was reminded that I had PAX and had taken out the Family cover so I gave them a call to check if I was entitled to anything. 2 weeks later and nearly £400 quid in the bank, no quibbles, nothing so top marks to PAX :D :D

Any clues or hints on how my little one should break an arm :twisted:

Joking of course !!!!!!

Go for a leg next time as I believe they are worth more, for inspiration on how to do it watch 'Escape to Victory' (its bound to be on one of the many film channels over Christmas)

do you get more for a disappearance?? then simply send to the mathhews or mccanns for xmas! job done and you'll have no comeback as they have previous....

If you think that's a runner than give the Customer Service Centre another call and they'll put you through to the free PAX Legal Advice Helpline - no harm in asking...

Regards,

ewan2000 said:
Spanish_Dave said:
And you havent sued the school for their total lack of regard and negligence towards your son :lol:
mmm Nice idea :D
No bad idea, kids are supposed to fall over and break things. Unless a teacher threw your lad down the stairs in which case its criminal not civil.

just because the chav set sue at the drop of a hat doesn't mean you have to join them. It because of the litigation threat looming over them that schools are reducing still further any activity that involves any level of risk just incase they get sued. Theres a wholse set of kids growing up that will never climb a tree just in case they fall out of it, or play "war" with homade catapults or do all the fcuking stupid crazy things that kids seemed to do in the 70's and 80's when I was growing up. And all because the H&S get blamed for what is basically not an H&S issue its about councils and schools and organistations getting sued by the "Its my Right" mob.

So feel free to join them, or just take you £400 ins payout, bank it and find your lad the biggest fcuk of tree and tell him to shimmy to the top and tell you what he can see!

I beg to differ. Pax refused to pay out to me after an MD because I was one month over the claim time. Good excuse which I won't bore you with. They also claimed to have no record of my policy. They are an insurance company and are out to make money and if they can wriggle out they will. Good luck to them. Personally I dislike them intensely and seeing them getting limelight on my own website is upsetting. Fckers. Think I'll start an anti-pax campaign - I don't doubt there are plenty of people out there who've also been given the small-print FO.

Good CO said:
I beg to differ. Pax refused to pay out to me after an MD because I was one month over the claim time. Good excuse which I won't bore you with. They also claimed to have no record of my policy. They are an insurance company and are out to make money and if they can wriggle out they will. Good luck to them. Personally I dislike them intensely and seeing them getting limelight on my own website is upsetting. Fckers. Think I'll start an anti-pax campaign - I don't doubt there are plenty of people out there who've also been given the small-print FO.
FCUK ME A lightning bolt from Valhalla!

my two pence worth. PAX is insurance and as Good CO states inurance companies will try not to pay a claim if they think they don't have to. So if you take a contract read the small print understand what it is your buying and then and only then sign the application. And that goes for any type of Insuarnce or Assurance product.

The_Duke

LE
Good CO said:
But the small print is there for you to read - all you have to do is read it. Ignorance is no excuse in law or insurance. Read it and understand what it is you are paying for and then there should be no surprises.

Bottom line is that all insurance is based on a contract. If the contract says it pays in certain circumstances, then provided you meet those circumstances it will pay out. If the insurer doesn't, follow the complaints procedure all the way to the Ombudsman and they will make them pay out if the claim is valid.

If you get to the Ombudsman and they still won't agree your claim, then it simply wasn't covered or you were in breach of a material condition.

In your case, you missed the claims notification deadline but had "a good excuse". Who do you propose should sit in judgement of the "good excuse arbitration panel"? Ultimately, it is the Ombudsman. Did you follow the required complaits procedure? If you did, and the Ombudsman held against you, then they didn't think your excuse was good enough.

PAX, and all other policies charges a premium for a given payment in given circumstances. Buying a policy is not an absolute guarantee for money for all injuries in all circumstances, only those covered in the contract.

They failed to pay out in my case as I had not started the ball rolling for compensation soon enough (Pardon me for being on tour) and I did not retain the details of the quack who treated my breaks so they only had my biff chit and Op Tour brown med card thingy to go off. I thought this was questionable however wasn't about to call in my Chavvy No win No fee team.

Fair enough I didn't need the money I was just having a pop at getting some as I'd paid into PAX for years and a mate said I was entitled. Technically he was right. I never saw a penny though.

Fair points all, however we both know that good customer service would not refuse to consider a claim further based on that get-out clause. The reason for the claim delay was misinformation about the small print of the cover in the first place. Rock and a hard place scenario, and I don't have a leg to stand on.

My lesson from the whole experience is - write down everything insurance companies tell you and keep all paperwork. As a 20-odd year old about to be sent on ops you don't give a monkey's about what the detail is nor do you make detailed notes - it is after all just something someone told you to do, but you'll never use it.

Pax of course know that. We are a great market - small wonder that we are attractive clients - as a group we have more important things to worry about and are immortal. Chances of successful claim if it goes wrong? Small. I doubt Pax would be so enthusiastic about selling to a community of lawyers.

Yes the fault is mine. Does that make me dislike Pax and their "sorry but the deadline was September and it's now October" line any less annoying? No. Do I respect their business sense? Yes.

I won't start an anti-pax campaign, but will do a more constructive "write down what they tell you and keep every scrap of paper" campaign :)

The_Duke

LE
Good CO said:
Fair points all, however we both know that good customer service would not refuse to consider a claim further based on that get-out clause. The reason for the claim delay was misinformation about the small print of the cover in the first place. Rock and a hard place scenario, and I don't have a leg to stand on.

My lesson from the whole experience is - write down everything insurance companies tell you and keep all paperwork. As a 20-odd year old about to be sent on ops you don't give a monkey's about what the detail is nor do you make detailed notes - it is after all just something someone told you to do, but you'll never use it.

Pax of course know that. We are a great market - small wonder that we are attractive clients - as a group we have more important things to worry about and are immortal. Chances of successful claim if it goes wrong? Small. I doubt Pax would be so enthusiastic about selling to a community of lawyers.

Yes the fault is mine. Does that make me dislike Pax and their "sorry but the deadline was September and it's now October" line any less? No. Do I respect their business sense? Yes.
That potentially comes under "contra proferentum" ruling - in the event of an ambiguity it is held against the person who offers the contract. If there was a need to clarify the issue, then the clock should stop until the confusion is resolved. Again, if it had gone to the Ombudsman any ambiguity would have been held in your favour.

The_Duke's top tip for insurance. If you genuinely feel that you have been had over by an insurer, follow the complaints procedure that they must show on their certificate. It will eventually lead you to the Ombudsman, who will always favour the insured over the insurer in any areas of doubt or ambiguity. If they do not rule in your favour, then the insurer has declined the claim for good cause. You may not agree that it was good, but insurance contract law does.

Good CO,

I want to tread carefully here because I do not want to overstep your line regarding insurance companies advertising their wears.

As ex-mil, do I think think that you may have got a rough deal? Without knowing the details - maybe - but you certainly think that you did and that's the point.

As someone who now heads up the company responsible for distributing PAX, every unhappy customer is bad publicity, every happy claimant is good for the individual and good for marketing the Plan. After all, people don't pay their premiums for the pleasure of it but so that the money is paid when they have an accident.

We weren't around when you claimed - I now have ex-military employees all around the country and in Germany who are there to tell people what it does, what it doesn't do and generally help them where the can. They are not paid on commission so don't mind spending a few hours on a clinic or two.

I cannot change the way you feel you have been treated but, hopefully, we can reduce the number of problems going forwards. If you, or anyone else, think that it is worth it then please pm me.

Hope that that all kept me the right side of the line.

Regards,

Latest Threads