PAX payments for medical discharge?

A long story I’ll keep short.

I was MD’d in 2017 and my transition officer (WO1) said at the time that if I had PAX (which I had 3 units at the time of both injuries and at time of med board) I was entitled to a one-off payment of £10k purely because I was being P8 discharged due to an injury which occurred in 2013 then re emerged in 2015. I can’t find this information anywhere?..

I tried to claim on PAX in 2017 but they said as the MOD said it’s wasn’t service related I had no claim.

Initially the MOD claimed the injury wasn’t service related but after 5 years, 3 appeals and 2 tribunals they’ve conceded that it was and tariffed me.

However I’ve gone back to PAX and they were pretty unhelpful and just asked me to fill in a lengthy form and see what happens.

I was just wondering is there some one-off payment worth jumping through hoops for as looking at the standard tariffs I’d be lucky to get anything worth the agro?

Injury is currently tariff 12 (interim) (but should be tariff 11 which is currently being reviewed for multiple back injury requiring surgery) but I’ve had no overnight stays of over 5 days etc in hospital.

PAXBloke

Old-Salt
A long story I’ll keep short.

I was MD’d in 2017 and my transition officer (WO1) said at the time that if I had PAX (which I had 3 units at the time of both injuries and at time of med board) I was entitled to a one-off payment of £10k purely because I was being P8 discharged due to an injury which occurred in 2013 then re emerged in 2015. I can’t find this information anywhere?..

I tried to claim on PAX in 2017 but they said as the MOD said it’s wasn’t service related I had no claim.

Initially the MOD claimed the injury wasn’t service related but after 5 years, 3 appeals and 2 tribunals they’ve conceded that it was and tariffed me.

However I’ve gone back to PAX and they were pretty unhelpful and just asked me to fill in a lengthy form and see what happens.

I was just wondering is there some one-off payment worth jumping through hoops for as looking at the standard tariffs I’d be lucky to get anything worth the agro?

Injury is currently tariff 12 (interim) (but should be tariff 11 which is currently being reviewed for multiple back injury requiring surgery) but I’ve had no overnight stays of over 5 days etc in hospital.

If the injury was sustained as a result of an accident (on or off duty) then it is worth putting in a claim.

One of my team can help with the completion of the form - ping me a pm with your contact details and we'll get the ball rolling.

If you've already completed it then we can still see where things stand for you.

Kind regards,

PB

Looking back over nearly eighty years. I'd get rid of everything, except her indoors and my library card.

CFB

Latest Threads