Paul Harding

I’m interested whether Paul Harding is this guys real name?

The reason is that Major Paul Harding who was OC Support Company, 4Rifles was killed in action in Iraq in 2007.

Major Harding was an extremely well respected officer who started his 30 year career as a Rifleman in the Royal Green Jackets and rose through the ranks to gain a commission and ended up as a Company Commander.

The RGJ Paul Harding is a Green Jacket legend and although this alleged Walt isn’t claiming to be a Green Job, if he is using his name because he thinks it helps him masquerade as a soldier, he’s probably playing with fire.
I was on that tour and remember the incident vividly. It happened when he was running to see if the front sanger guys were all ok whilst in contact. He was very well thought of in the Bde as a whole also

daz

LE
Gen, Really? We buried Lt Col H Jones operator last month, a certain Willie Granitza aka Big Wullie, I have posted this as we would like his real Corps career not some fantasy, and since this is the Royal Signals forum, I am hoping somebody would have come across him in his time in the Corps.
Willie Granitza, SSM at 3ADSR during the mid 80's, if so, a sad loss

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Willie Granitza, SSM at 3ADSR during the mid 80's, if so, a sad loss
At a tangent, what rank would the CO's signaler be then, if Willie was an SSM in the mid-80's?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
At a tangent, what rank would the CO's signaler be then, if Willie was an SSM in the mid-80's?
Possibly the RLD Sgt but seems a bit unlikely unless there was some logistic reason or some such.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If I am right in identifying the last of the bluffer's medals as the Ebola Medal, I'm afraid acting class 1 General Harding does not qualify for it. See below.

"The Ebola Medal for Service in West Africa, known simply as the Ebola Medal, is a service medal for issue to the Armed Forces and to civilians, working either for Her Majesty's Government or for non-governmental organisations, in support of the British Government's response to the Ebola crisis in West Africa between March 2014 and March 2016."

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Colonel H Jones signaller was a Sgt Blackburn, identified in this urban75 quote from 2007...

"Followed by his bodyguard, Sergeant Norman, his signaller, Sergeant Blackburn and several officers in his TAC 1 party, including Captains Dent and Wood, he, Col Jones, charged the Argentine position"

bedended

War Hero
Hang on a minute. The blind chick in the middle is looking straight into the camera and the RLC girl isn’t big enough to hide a bus behind....they’re all Walt’s

Morning @Draft Dodger,
Glad you mentioned that. I had to go back and check. I originally, genuinely thought the RLC person was a bloke!:oops:.
That said, can anyone id'., her bling and has there been any female Walt's? Not suggesting she is and now I know, can I be the 1st to say...I would!

Note to self: MUST go to 'Specsaver'

E2a: Draft Dodger. Mong finger

Last edited:

ACAB

LE
Cpl / L/Cpl from the Signals Platoon

Morning @Draft Did get,
Glad you mentioned that. I had to go back and check. I originally, genuinely thought the RLC person was a bloke!:oops:.
That said, can anyone id'., her bling and has there been any female Walt's? Not suggesting she is and now I know, can I be the 1st to say...I would!

Note to self: MUST go to 'Specsaver'
Looks to be GSM, OSM, QGJM, QDJM and LSGC on the RLC "Chick"

daz

LE
Willie was a RLD Sgt in 82

Latest Threads