Paul and Rachel Chandler released by Somali Pirates

Wasn't expecting to see them out alive either. Nice little "good news" story.

Looks like someone stumped up the million dollar ransom though!

Will be interesting to hear their version of events.

Definitely good news for them as it reads like they had quite an ordeal.

Is it as cut and dried as Sky are saying as the first reports of this were out a couple of hours ago, but the Beeb and some of the papers still aren't reporting it ?

Bit odd, Sky have had this up since I got up a few hours ago, yet still no sign of it on the Beeb?

Edited to add: My local chip paper is already reporting it on their website
(they have a tenuous family link to local area)

Bit odd, Sky have had this up since I got up a few hours ago, yet still no sign of it on the Beeb?

Edited to add: My local chip paper is already reporting it on their website
(they have a tenuous family link to local area)
Yes agreed no Auntie announcement however Reuters have it

British couple released by Somali pirates | Reuters

Point to add: Even Aljazeera have a more in depth story & looks like staggered instalment payments but it'll be just pure speculation to sums anyway

Somali pirates free British couple - Africa - Al Jazeera English

FF9: Btw good luck with your change of career

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
BBC said:
The BBC has held off reporting their release.

It observed the terms of an injuction obtained by the Chandlers' family which was intended to stop news organisations reporting their release until they were safely out of Somalia.
Seems the Beeb were being responsible where other, Murdoch owned, media were not.

A pleasant surprise, especially for the hostages. I never expected them to make it out alive.

Glad to be proven wrong.

Why be there in the first place?,stupid *********!

Given that they were sailing a couple of hundred miles off the Somali coast when they were kidnapped,they were not actually "in country" were they?
I grovel corrected.