Patrolling SOPs

What do you think is rolled up in the 84mm then?

Tsk. You youngsters know nowt.
Oh, I was wondering what that was every time I was dicked (as the smallest and youngest in the section) to carry the 84! ;)

And anyway I am sure that either a right angled torch or a tilly lamp could be used to provide suitable illumination.

Or a shermuly*. The o group would need to be quite quick though.

* not to be confused with a lifejacket.
Should be alright so long as everyone chain smokes whilst wearing luminous balaclavas.

Do you think that the THEM have a specific place in their webbing for black nasty just in case a photographer appears? Do they still wear it for selfies?

We should be told.
Budget cuts old boy, MOD said that it was not an operational necessity and could also be classed as "blacking up" which of course is not only racist now a days but could also be construed as racial identity theft.

Truxx

LE
Budget cuts old boy, MOD said that it was not an operational necessity and could also be classed as "blacking up" which of course is not only racist now a days but could also be construed as racial identity theft.
Tell Them that. You are talking about the gang who once upon a time had a boss by the name of cedric who wandered into my office one day and asked how he paid for an aeroplane fuselage (747) for his little helpers to play in.

When were you thinking of getting it? I asked, thinking it might be something we could squeeze into the inevitable last minute dot com budget underspend.

Well actually it has already been delivered he said. I just need it paid for.

It got paid for.

Truxx

LE
Gents, these posts about gay-dom aren't about patrolling.

You're de-railing a thread which is advancing the state of the infantry art.

Perhaps your discussions of kinetic action could take place elsewhere?
I would have thought that it was a very fine line between patrolling and cottaging.

When patrolling in kilts, wear puttees at full length up each leg, and enclose your goolies in black nasty to stop them clattering together giving away your position.

My idiot OC during Op Corporate insisted we took one to the Falklands. Where he thought we would plug it in heaven alone knew...
Two A41 batteries running the 135V outputs in series. The bulb will burn out a bit quicker than usual. Running on dc, the fan might not work but the cool FI breeze will more than make up for that.

When on a mobile patrol setting up snap VCPs, do not be alarmed when a vintage member of the community , seeing you cammed up in a hedge, taps your shoulder and offers a cup of tea, at 2am.
Levitating to 3 metres from the prone position, while holding an LMG, while admirable, is unnecessary.
Ah memories, having been snuggled in the ditch for over 3 hours in the pissing it down County Tyrone rain, at just gone 4am a wee old biddy from the farm up the lane arrived with 2 thermos flasks and enough hot soda bread to feed a platoon, God bless her and her barking ferking daschund.

If you are fortunate enough to be issued with the voodoo charmed life jacket ensure that you are always number 2 in the patrol line up.
life jackets.jpg

18 pages and 346 posts and not one of the geriatric former steely eyed dealers of death so called “veterans” on here has told you one of the most important pieces of advice going especially in really cold weather.
Don't eat yellow snow!!
Of course you don't tell them. They'll find out for themselves. Character building.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
To reduce carried weight of GPMG link on the infantryman, before going on patrol remove and dispose of the round connectors between each piece of link.

Latest Threads