Patrol Sack Contents

Fronty

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Spare socks, spare/section ammo, rations, sweets, [rainproofs], spare water.

Plus other bits and pieces if required.

Wet kit, gortex suit, gortex socks and spare socks. Warm kit, softie, gloves, hat and scarf. A boo hoo box. Are the basics i carry

Sqn SOP states:
Cooking kit (incl. KFS)
48 hrs rations
Goretex jacket
Bivvy bag
Sleeping bag
Warm kit (softie trs and jkt, woolly hat)
2 pairs socks
Spare DPM trousers
Pers hygiene kit
Spare bootlaces

Gen. No room for link, batteries, radio, extra water or Haribo. Doesn't fit in a standard NI daysack so we've bought our own.

Guess what? Everyone carries this in toto inside their bergans... with another daysack under the lid.

You couldn't ******* make it up.

(Yay for me - first non-censored swear)

^ and do your Officers adhere to said list?
No Regiment Officers on my RAuxAF Sqn, but I've never seen an NCO carrying anything more than a bacon sandwich anyway.

This is the latest incarnation, updated for our annual camp in Cyprus later this year. You know Cyprus - just like Otterburn or Warcop.

Technically off thread but this is the rest of the list:

On person ID card
Notebook & pen
Combitool
Right Map Pocket: Yellow cyalume
FFD
Cas card (9 liner)
Morphine
CAT
Latex gloves
Belt Order 6 x magazines
Bayonet frog
Wpn cleaning kit
Emergency rations
Lighter
30m string
Cam cream
2 x sandbags
2 x water-bottles
Puritabs
Speed-loader
Torch
1 x infrared / 2 x blue / 2 x green cyalume
Pers 1st-aid kit
Pers Minefield Extraction Kit

Bergan LEFT SIDE-POUCH MUST BE KEPT EMPTY
4 pairs socks
4 pairs pants
Spare DPM trousers
Goretex trousers
Spare torch batteries
Roll mat
Extra rations
Main pers 1st aid kit
Housewife
Spare wpn oil (OX24)
Basha (incl. bungies & pegs)
Boot cleaning kit
2 x black bin bags

Regiment role (stop sniggering) is mounted patrols, so all your shit is on/in a wagon. Osprey precludes carrying that much on your person (webbing).

We are tasked for footsies and do train for them - that ******* 'daysack' now has no room for my link let alone any 'section' kit so I'm going to have to get side-pouches added. Already bought a smaller sleeping bag and chopped my mat down.

Bah. See how long it lasts in practise.

The_Duke

LE
In the immortal words of Sgt Elias - "You're packing too much stuff!" (or was it shit, I can't remember)!

Start by putting in your mission essential kit (radios, spare batteries, other heavy electronic goodies). Add a generous slug of spare ammunition, water for the duration, section kit such as stretchers etc. Once you add a set of ladders to the top of the pile you will definately decide that your sewing kit can stay back in your bergan!

You will soon find out that you can do just fine for several days in the same pair of socks.

Sorry still getting used to the functions - all I normally carry is softie jkt, bivvy bag, cut-down mat, 2 pairs socks, 24 hr rats and the rest belongs to link and section kit.

Sqn SOP states:
Cooking kit (incl. KFS)
48 hrs rations
Goretex jacket
Bivvy bag
Sleeping bag
Warm kit (softie trs and jkt, woolly hat)
2 pairs socks
Spare DPM trousers
Pers hygiene kit
Spare bootlaces

Gen. No room for link, batteries, radio, extra water or Haribo. Doesn't fit in a standard NI daysack so we've bought our own.

Guess what? Everyone carries this in toto inside their bergans... with another daysack under the lid.

You couldn't ******* make it up.

(Yay for me - first non-censored swear)
Are you sure this isnt your bergan packing list?

prob changed since i left 4 years ago however this is what i used to carry in uk or europe on ex

spare socks and powder
goretex
warm kit
24 hours rations

section kit
spare ammo
etc etc

i would imagine now on ops it would be water, food, ammo, ammo and ammo plus any mission specific kit

as a buckshee in a rifle company kit lists were exhaustive and shite, as a recce platoon soldier it become more practical

look at the other thread named reality of kit and ops or something like that

depends on the task

o dear,,,,,,,, take a seat young man, have a haribo,,,,,,,,,

ugly

LE
My Bergan in Wainright seemed to end up with a bottle or 5 of beer every morning for some strange reason. Section commander never had the heart to complain!

patrol sacks are going to be different depending on your role within section. it may be just ecm a bit of ammo bit of water and that's it. or it could be 1400 link, 4 he grenades, 9mm spare 3-4 litres of water, schmoooooolies, flares and if you're really lucky a little bit of food!