Patrol Ambush Video

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by tomahawk6, Mar 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

"There's a guy running across the street"
    Boom Boom Boom bang bang bang

Man alive you Americans are tough on crossing drills :wink:
  2. Jay Walkers Beware
  3. Anti ambush drills who needs em! just stand about a bit until some one shoots at you then standabout a bit, firing back. but make sure you standabout while doing it.

I always wondered how the US top cover stayed up when shot, it appears they actually do have their arrse in a sling
  4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

But is anyone actually firing at them?
    I thought the first burst came from someone next to yer mans humvee
    Are they just a bit twitchy about what had obviously happend before

Would we get away with that?

"But sir he didn't wait for the green man" :D
  5. Even if they were a bit twitchy, it was still bad drills what about good old all round defences if it was me I would already be digging a scrape and if you are under fire and decide to get out of your Humvee then why standabout next to it, it will attract fire like a magnet.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

What use is a 9mm pistol at that distance?
  7. First rule of gunfighting: Bring a gun!

I suppose it gave him something to do with his hands....
  8. after all that did they actually even kill anything or did they just punch a bunch of holes in the sand...good grief no wonder the war is costing so much.
  9. msr

msr LE

Not really anti-ambush drills, more like Doom.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Bring enough gun!
  11. Er, effective enemy fire?

12. As it was all a bit Hollywood, they probably thought it would win the day.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I would worry if someone I was with decided to wave one of those around, in fact they would politely be told to get either under cover in back in the vehicle until they find a proper rifle to bring to the fight!
    Probably more danger of shooting his own than the enemy!
  14. Cover? Cover you say! Whats that then? You'll need to explain it to the guys on the vid.

Eventually we may be able to progress to 5s and 20s. Did anyone else notice the disturbed earth in the central reservation? (about 1min 30 into the vid).