Patrol Ambush Video

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
"There's a guy running across the street"
Boom Boom Boom bang bang bang

Man alive you Americans are tough on crossing drills :wink:

Anti ambush drills who needs em! just stand about a bit until some one shoots at you then standabout a bit, firing back. but make sure you standabout while doing it.

I always wondered how the US top cover stayed up when shot, it appears they actually do have their arrse in a sling

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Bernster said:
Anti ambush drills who needs em! just stand about a bit until some one shoots at you then standabout a bit, firing back. but make sure you standabout while doing it.
But is anyone actually firing at them?
I thought the first burst came from someone next to yer mans humvee
Are they just a bit twitchy about what had obviously happend before

Would we get away with that?

"But sir he didn't wait for the green man" :D

Even if they were a bit twitchy, it was still bad drills what about good old all round defences if it was me I would already be digging a scrape and if you are under fire and decide to get out of your Humvee then why standabout next to it, it will attract fire like a magnet.

ugly

LE
What use is a 9mm pistol at that distance?

after all that did they actually even kill anything or did they just punch a bunch of holes in the sand...good grief no wonder the war is costing so much.

Not really anti-ambush drills, more like Doom.

msr

ugly

LE
EX_STAB said:
ugly said:
First rule of gunfighting: Bring a gun!

I suppose it gave him something to do with his hands....
Bring enough gun!

Er, effective enemy fire?

Stilts

ugly said:
As it was all a bit Hollywood, they probably thought it would win the day.

ugly

LE
I would worry if someone I was with decided to wave one of those around, in fact they would politely be told to get either under cover in back in the vehicle until they find a proper rifle to bring to the fight!
Probably more danger of shooting his own than the enemy!

Cover? Cover you say! Whats that then? You'll need to explain it to the guys on the vid.

Eventually we may be able to progress to 5s and 20s. Did anyone else notice the disturbed earth in the central reservation? (about 1min 30 into the vid).

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
dingerr said:
Cover? Cover you say! Whats that then? You'll need to explain it to the guys on the vid.

Eventually we may be able to progress to 5s and 20s. Did anyone else notice the disturbed earth in the central reservation? (about 1min 30 into the vid).
You can here someone shouting "don't forget 5s and 25s"
Dosen't make any difference though

If the only injury is a slightly cut cheek and everything is ok why bother stopping in the first place
Theres enough room in that Hummvee for the top gunners to change over :roll:

What? And miss the opportunity to engage the enemy.

For whatever reason, the powers-that-are who determine who carries what in a unit and issues equipment have decided that the 1st Sgt does not need a rifle in certain units.

At least they were nice about it.

"Need ammo?" "Yes, please"
"Could you keep the muzzle away from my face, please?"

Humvee then why standabout next to it, it will attract fire like a magnet.
Can't speak for other units, but we found it was the best way of finding the enemy: Get them to shoot at you. It's bloody hard to find an IED trigger man these days just by looking around. Our platoon used to do it one of two ways: Repeatedly show up at the same place at the same time, and look casual, or undertake "Operation Suicide Bait" which involved two of our under-armoured HMMWVs driving down the road headlights on with 'shoot me signs' with the tanks about a mile behind in blackout drive.

Man alive you Americans are tough on crossing drills
After they fired at yet another vehicle which drove to our checkpoint at excessive speed, the 1st Sgt of the unit we were attached to remarked "If we do nothing else in this country, at least we'll eliminate speeding"

NTM