Patrick "Patches" Kennedy back in rehab

Discussion in 'US' started by DavidBOC, Jun 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Congressman Patrick Kennedy (D-RI) has once again checked into an undisclosed rehab hospital to "Continue my recovery"

Young Mr. Kenedy is actually quite lucky to be alive, not shot dead by the US Capitol Police. In 2006 he crashed through a security barrier at the US Capitol at 0245. He claimed that he had lost track of time and thought he was late for a roll call vote. He denied haveing consumed alchohol but claimed it was an interaction of two prescription drugs.

In 2001 he was accused of assaulting a security guard at Los Angeles Airport. As he struck her he was saying the family motto "Don't you know who I am". Kennedy has strongly supported diversity and affirmative action. The woman he struck was African American.

Despite his 8 terms in Congress he is still relatively young (41). I would wish anyone the best in recovery from addiction and hope he has a long, clean and sober life. I do wish that we didn't have to keep him on salary as a Congressman at $179,000 per year while he recovers.

Edited to add: For the benefit of British ARRSEr's Patrick is the son of Senator Edward M. Kennedy KBE

2. He may be Teddy Kennedy's laddie, but I'm sober three days a week and can think logic(hic!)ally on one of them.

Today is not that da....

How do I apply for that job?

3. Sorry, mate, but unless you are a rich man's son or daughter, you won't be getting the job (there are exceptions to this rule, as Ms. Caroline Kennedy could not buy herself a Senate seat).

But good luck to Patches (sounds like a bloody dog's name) in beating his demons though.

4. I cannot find a better argument for term limits in the House & Senate than the Kennedys...

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

How was it that Nixon ended up as the bad guy when he was up against these crooks?