Pathfinders (Again)

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Zarathustra, Jan 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good people of ARRSE I come to you asking for information.

I've got the idea in my head that attempting PF Selection might be a good idea. I'm happy with the sort of build up training I'll need and all that stuff. What I've been having trouble with is locating a DIN on DII about PF Selection, I've tried searching for a variety of variations on the PF Selection theme and have not been able to find even an out of date one.

Anyone able to suggest a search phrase that will turn up what I'm looking for?

2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I know they run 1 selection a year in jan if that helps, you may struggle to get hold of anyone until post herrick. Best bet then would be to just call the CSM up who is there.

3. That's what I was thinking, after finding DINs for everything from SF to 4/73 I'd have thought the PF would've got in on the action. I had been hoping to find a number for their trg wing if they have one.

4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

They don't have a training wing as such, going through the mil phone exchange should get you a number. If that doesn't work pm me and I should be able to get hold of it for you.

5. Thanks mate, will see what I can come up with at work tomorrow

6. Not really my area, but you might try the HDPRCC (Household Div and Para Regt Centralised Courses), which is at Aldershot if I recall correctly. I suspect that they will have some involvement in delivering the pre-course training or indeed the testing, either way they will probably know who to speak to. I'm afraid I don't have a number but the military operator should be able to help.

Alternatively, depending on your rank, speak direct to someone in HQ 16X G7.

7. From Pegasus Magazine

Week 1 - Aptitude. Candidates complete 2 x 8 milers, 10 miler, 2 miler

Week 2 - Hills Phase. 4 x DS lead tabs followed by 4 test tabs culminating in endurance (distances not stated)

Week 3 - SOP Phase. Candidates taught basic SOP's incl. OP construction and contact drills

Week 4 - Range Phase. Live firing SENTA, IA and contact drills

Week 5 and 6 - Final Ex includiing typical pathfinder tasks

On completion, cadre undergoes further training (wpns, radios) then HALO course / BPC and HALO for those not already winged up.

8. HDPRCC is now at Pirbright.

9. Odd question - why are the Paras attached to the Household Div for courses? Is it something historic?!

10. Thanks for the replies, I've got the info I was after.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

11. We teach them how to fight and they teach us how to march and bull boots is about the strength of it!!

12. Nice! 1234456789

13. Harsh but fair, though there's no longer a drill phase on the JNCO cardre

14. crow_bag, just a tip, when you report on the sunday for a monday morning start, you`ll be in the block getting sorted out and the Staff will fast ball you with a beasting sesh..... be warned!!!

15. Not so much of a fast ball, eh?