Pathfinder selection

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by 2canvandamme, Aug 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi lads , first time poster long time lurker ha ,
    what kind of experience ; like ... how long should you do in your battalion ? what courses should you have done ? minimum rank you should have made ??? etc before you should even consider attempting pathfinder selection so to be in with a realistic chance ?

any info or advice much appreciated
    thanks

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 6
  3. Use the search function as there is plenty of info already on here.

4. Ravers

Compared to an equivalent vehicle I find mine pretty economical. I'm averaging about 30 mpg. Compared to my Oppo's disco it's positively frugal.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. I went for the XTrail T-Spec as the PF was a bit big for my needs. Electric everything and a comfy ride. Might go for a PF when it's time for a change.

6. Mine was an 07 and i would get 21 mpg at best

7. lol cheers lads , apologies for the newbie question.
    The recurring answer seems to be pass p-coy (well) and if you think you ve more left in the tank and still game then give it a crack .. sound about right ?

8. Ideally we need to know your capbadge first, so that we can advise on courses (ones that you are eligable for)

9. Royal Irish

10. Easy then, P coy, Recce, sniper, support weapons, work on your map reading and fitness.

11. Ravers

Was yours an auto? They're thirstier.

12. There's a DIN that is available that has all the info you require. The chap on the recruiting desk will answer your questions as honestly as he can if you're still after some answers.