pathfinder selection

tearsbeforebedtime said:
I assumed (thus making an ass out of u but mostly me) this hadn't changed.

My bad.
lol so the current situation is that pathfiner platoon only draws from para reg + attached personel , or both of us dont know and are guessing ?

My nephew I Irish Gds :? just done pre-selection if that helps ?

The section on the PF Plt in the Summer 09 edition of Pegasus states;

"....of the twenty seven candidates who initially arrived, five were selected to serve with the Pathfinders. Joining Pathfinders in March were soldiers from 2 Para, 2 Royal Anglian, 7 Para RHA, 14 Signals Regt and 216 (Para) Signals Sqn"

.....if that helps

You trying out for Pathfinder then, Lostnconfused?

The section on the PF Plt in the Summer 09 edition of Pegasus states;

"....of the twenty seven candidates who initially arrived, five were selected to serve with the Pathfinders. Joining Pathfinders in March were soldiers from 2 Para, 2 Royal Anglian, 7 Para RHA, 14 Signals Regt and 216 (Para) Signals Sqn"

.....if that helps
well done to all one of the armys great acheevments

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
well done to all one of the armys great acheevments
I take it that Crabs, and wannabe Crabs, aren't too bothered by punctuation, (or indeed spelling). If you're trying for sarcasm, try harder, otherwise try harder.

I take it that Crabs, and wannabe Crabs, aren't too bothered by punctuation, (or indeed spelling). If you're trying for sarcasm, try harder, otherwise try harder.
I aint no crab. thats an awful thing to say. the crabs would NEVER manage the PF course...ever. i'm in the inf giants amongst men

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Never have guessed from your user name, or do you do irony too?

Guards Para, as already mentioned, still exist as a platoon in 3 Para. As for Guards within PF, there have been a couple of members, notably the late WO1(RSM) Daz Chant, 1GG, who served in the platoon between 1997-99 as far as I can remember.

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
Guards Para, as already mentioned, still exist as a platoon in 3 Para. As for Guards within PF, there have been a couple of members, notably the late WO1(RSM) Daz Chant, 1GG, who served in the platoon between 1997-99 as far as I can remember.
Pathfinding? My old mate 'Ginge' Lucie, sadly no longer with us, Ex GG and Guards Independent Para Coy became RSM 3 para. We handed over the role of Pathfinding to 'Charlie' company 3 para during the late 70s... The lads in the current Gds platoon carry the mantle well. I was talking with their Pl Comd recently... top job!

Pathfinding? My old mate 'Ginge' Lucie, sadly no longer with us, Ex GG and Guards Independent Para Coy became RSM 3 para. We handed over the role of Pathfinding to 'Charlie' company 3 para during the late 70s... The lads in the current Gds platoon carry the mantle well. I was talking with their Pl Comd recently... top job!
It would be D coy not C, D Coy were the Patrol Coy, Sean was indeed a great bloke (RIP)