Pathfinder Magazine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kristy, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there folks, this is my first post. I have recently started working for the team that puts together Pathfinder Magazine.

Anyway, everyone is talking about making changes to the mag, so I thought I would ask some of the people who will one day read it what they would like to see in it, and how we can make it better.

What sort of jobs would ex-forces people realy want to know about? What sort of advice or editorial would you like?

Anyway Id be gratefull for any help or advice you can give.

Thanks in adnvance,
    Kristy. :plotting:

2. I'd like decent spelling and punctuation please...

3. You can't have everything you want..........if I was you I'd start with a sense of humor.

Be nice I'm new. :frustrated:

4. Hello Kirsty

I'd like much more celebrity news, fashion, gossip, grooming tips oh and much less of the MoD please!

5. Ill see what we can do :p anyone want anything on careers? there are lots of fashion mags out there for you. i would recomend ok magazine you also get a mag free in the centre.

kristy

6. Very high paying jobs that require minimum attendance and effort and that come with a secretary with big tits and no morals.

8. I'd like to see less of the smug, overweight, "look at me, I'm now a civvie and minted" normally ex-navy, interviews.
    They make me cough up acid-like vomit and remind me I still have 3 years and possibly another 2 Herrick tours to go before I can do the same, albeit without the smug, overweight, ex-navy and minted bit.

9. is there anything you would like to see more of in the magazine?

10. Yes. Pictures of smug, overweight, "look at me, I'm now a civvie and minted" normally ex-navy, blokes being burned alive.
    Thanks in advance.

11. kristy

I can remember being given some mags to read, I can remember reading some, but I dont think they left any lasting impression with me. I was lucky, I started my new job the day after i was signed off.

Some articles on the pre release courses available and chosing the right one for your chosen career would have helped. maybe articles on different work sectors, pensions etc etc

Its easy to mock but as a service leaver people are lucky that they get such a pre release package.

Good luck

RC

12. P.S I f you can't do the navy type blokes then please feel free to substitute with RAF.

13. I know you've only posted 5 times, but have you actually been here before at all...?

14. OK, sensible answer. It´s over four years since I left and I can bearly remember reading Pathfinder, but I must have during many hours spent in waiting rooms before resettlement interviews.

The actual business of job hunting, CV writing, overweight ex Navy types is pretty well done to death in various magazines and courses. What is not covered so well is the admin side of becoming a civvy, such as tax issues (which most soldiers never have to deal with before they leave), pensions, particularly how to use your service pension, starting a private pension fund etc. Also the importance of a will having possibly taken pocession of a tidy lump sum, house ownership, in fact anything that the average mess-dwelling mong like me suddenly had to get to grips with.

15. perhaps if you dropped testimonial in the drop down menu here from El Presidente who has done so much for the troops and made the UK a land fit for heroes:

... with friends like him ...