Paternity/Maternity Leave

Does anybody know any more info on entitlement to paternity leave?  I heard that a DCI was produced which offered 3 months unpaid leave if ones spouse has a sprog.

Thanks

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not sure which DCI it is but I believe you are entitled to 13 weeks non-paid/ non-reckonable leave per child which must be taken before the child is 5 years old. The only other restriction I can remember is that the leave must be for minimum periods of 7 days.

E

error_unknown

The DTI has just published its response to the consultation paper on maternity /paternity /parental and adoption rights.  Most of the Government's proposals have been accepted and will be incorporated in the final Regulations.  Main points:-

Thirteen weeks unpaid up until the child is 5.

Paternity leave and pay  will only be available in a single block of one or two consecutive weeks.  Employees will not be able to take paternity leave on a day-by-day basis.  

It is confirmed that paternity leave will be available to a person with responsibly for the upbringing of a child and who is either the biological father of the child or, where relevant, the husband of the mother or her new partner (probably including same-sex partner) living with her and the child as a family.  

21 days notice is required prior to taking the leave.

From next Apr, the first two weeks leave will be paid......£100 per week.