Paternity/Maternity Leave

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bullshit, Oct 31, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know any more info on entitlement to paternity leave?  I heard that a DCI was produced which offered 3 months unpaid leave if ones spouse has a sprog.

2. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not sure which DCI it is but I believe you are entitled to 13 weeks non-paid/ non-reckonable leave per child which must be taken before the child is 5 years old. The only other restriction I can remember is that the leave must be for minimum periods of 7 days.
  3. The DTI has just published its response to the consultation paper on maternity /paternity /parental and adoption rights.  Most of the Government's proposals have been accepted and will be incorporated in the final Regulations.  Main points:-

Thirteen weeks unpaid up until the child is 5.

Paternity leave and pay  will only be available in a single block of one or two consecutive weeks.  Employees will not be able to take paternity leave on a day-by-day basis.  

It is confirmed that paternity leave will be available to a person with responsibly for the upbringing of a child and who is either the biological father of the child or, where relevant, the husband of the mother or her new partner (probably including same-sex partner) living with her and the child as a family.  

21 days notice is required prior to taking the leave.

From next Apr, the first two weeks leave will be paid......£100 per week.