Patchwork Enabled Capability - Article Help

I'm trying to find an article entitled

"Patchwork Enabled Capability : Op TELIC CIS and the Long March to NEC", which was written by a chap called Popham, H. in 2004 and published in the Naval Review. I can find references online (cheers Google) as follows:

Part 1 - Naval Review17415535, Volume 92 Number 2 May 2004, pp104-111
Part 2 - Naval Review17415535, Volume 92 Number 3 Aug 2004, pp207-213

But they seem to lead to a dead end. I have trawled the dreadful search engine on the Defence Intranet and I have also searched the Defence Academy website with no joy.

Can anybody help - anyone got it on PDF or might it be elsewhere? I used to have a crap photocopy of it in my old office but I want to look at it to see how the situation has changed with the current TELIC laydown and also how can be compared to HERRICK.

Cheers,

PD

PD, I can download the NR for you as I'm a member, however our membership articles mean we should not allow general public access to the review. I suggest you e-mail the Editor at the above url and see how you go (don't email AE(OL), as I suspect that he doesn't have the authority to release the articles).

*Edit - email (AE)OL, he'll make sure it goes to the Editor... My bad!
Al

BTW, Home Popham (the author) is a nom-de-plume, and taken from Adm Sir Home Popham, a renowned signals chap in the RN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Popham

PS - I've let our Editor know you are after access, so send an email without delay!

Assuming PoisonDwarf is a pongo officer, he or she is eligible for membership and therefore NR members can allow articles to fall into his hands providing they don't end up on a canal towpath. Anyway, PD would have to prove eligibility. At least that's the way I see it but standing by to be corrected. Articles over 10 years old are released to the public domain.

November 2009's edition includes a pongo in the list of new members. I expect the NR editor will invite PD to join.

and so the collective grows.... Sometimes I feel we're a bit like the Black Mafia, only with more arguments and a tendency to wistfulness...

Thanks for the advice chaps - it's always a pleasant surprise to see some grown-up replies on here! :D

From what I recall it was actually a very interesting read and completely relevant to what I am doing now. I didn't really think about applying for membership but in actual fact it looks like there are lots of good articles in there. I have just dropped the Asst Editor a message, so thanks again for the advice.

p.s. This is my 5000th post! Do I win anything?

PD

PoisonDwarf said:
PD
Yes, a stern admonishment to spend less time on ARRSE and more time enabling that network capability.

PD - we joined on the same day and I've just passed my 200th post, make of that what you will.....

chris951 said:
PoisonDwarf said:
PD
Yes, a stern admonishment to spend less time on ARRSE and more time enabling that network capability.
Hey Chris951, I'm deployed at the moment, and it's definitely a case of Network Disabled Capability.

p.s. The Asst Editor sent me that article. A jolly good read - and very little has changed in 5 yrs! :cry:

PoisonDwarf said:
chris951 said:
PoisonDwarf said:
PD
Hey Chris951, I'm deployed at the moment, and it's definitely a case of Network Disabled Capability.

p.s. The Asst Editor sent me that article. A jolly good read - and very little has changed in 5 yrs! :cry:
And you're surprised! 8O

monkeyspanker said:
And you're surprised! 8O
Sanguine as ever? See you some point next year for a pint.