Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patch badge ID needed

Bitgood

Swinger
Hi, I am not military but thought this site could give me an answer: I recently found this in a box of my late grandad. Can someone help with with an ID? I'm not even sure it's British. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2457.JPG
    IMG_2457.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 466

Redleg

Clanker
Not that the OP cares:

"
The 121st Army Reserve Command is a former unit of the United States Army Reserve headquartered in Birmingham. It was co-located with the 167th Theater Sustainment Command in 1985 and was subsequently subsumed into the 81st Regional Readiness Command.

The insignia for the 121st depicted the arm of Vulcan encircled by a notched annulet on a blue shield representing Birmingham inside a larger shield with a red and white saltire representing Alabama."

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Bloody yanks; over paid; over sexed; and over here in granddad's box. Bastards.
Time to worry was when they were in yer Grandma's box.

Just saying, like.

Bitgood

Swinger
Not that the OP cares:

"
The 121st Army Reserve Command is a former unit of the United States Army Reserve headquartered in Birmingham. It was co-located with the 167th Theater Sustainment Command in 1985 and was subsequently subsumed into the 81st Regional Readiness Command.

The insignia for the 121st depicted the arm of Vulcan encircled by a notched annulet on a blue shield representing Birmingham inside a larger shield with a red and white saltire representing Alabama."
Thank you very much for this

Thanks everyone for your input. I may have just spent 4 hours reading posts on this forum. Hope as a civvie I won't get banned!
You asked a good question, and got a good answer.
And now we need to know... Why would grand-dad have a Birmingham, Alabama patch?
Any other oddments of his we can see?

Not that the OP cares:

"

Ah thawt youm ment Brum.

CFB

Latest Threads