Past and Present Dinner

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Karabiner, Sep 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps you're not invited? Did you do anything foolish at the last one?
  2. Foolish like what, shagging the CO's daughter?
  3. This could only be construed as foolish if the deed was done on the top table, between main and dessert. One should really wait until after the speeches before bumping uglies.
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

12/09 at St Omer £40 via CRSM
  5. would really like to go this year, however the last couple I have been to have been absolute shite! Since leaving the RMAS they really went down hill, but I think this years would be good as its not Fort Blockhouse junior ranks canteen, but unfortunately I have put myself down to work this saturday and apart from weekends being mega bucks its a bit late to say im not working.
  6. Monday??
  7. Filbert, why don't you come to the Re-union at Coventry, 3 days of catching up with old mates, and coipius amounts of alchohol.

8. sounds like a plan!
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I think the CRSM has his hands full getting the P&P back on track. I appreciate the tempo of Ops doesn't help and the costs and locations are also a problem. Any solutions would be help!

The honoured guest did a splendid job!
  10. I dont believe that the tempo of Ops has anything to do with it, its a pish poor excuse, at the moment there is probably less going on than there has been for years! Was it the cost of Sandhurst that moved us away? if you hold it in a JR cookhouse you get JR standard food and service, the P&P deserves more than this, the last 2 or 3 years of poor standard functions is going to drive people away just like it did a few years ago when people wouldnt go because it was basically a forum for people to get leathered and want to fight people that they didnt like! A lot of work went into correcting this by Russ when he was CRSM, the current CRSM needs to sort out the standard of service and food, without having to go to a civvie establishment in order to start bringing people back.
  11. So will an ex member of 2AFA LAD(88-92) be allowed to attend, I propped up the Mash bar in Roberts Kaserne Traz for over 3 years, saying that I was a young Craftie at the time and was banned to ever waitering on again or attend any function for drinking the COs port decanter and lobbing spuds at the RSM whilst at Vogelsang......luckily I used to take the RSM (G B) back up on leave to sheffield so he let me off. Promise to behave if invited.
  12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Well it was the one being banded about.

The whole night needs a major overhaul as most of the retired chaps wont be attending next year.

They can't tag it to the Army/ Navy rugby weekend- as there is too much going on.

They didn't use a seating plan as that's what the "youngsters" wanted- didn't see many there. (I thought the CRSM told them what they wanted!)

Chelsea pensioner not marched in and greeted. (Just the one)

No photo- no loss.

Food, wine and service was under-par, by a long way.

Whole units (not on ops) not in attendance.

Not sure of the way ahead.
  13. only if you were a WO or SNCO in the AMS at some point during your time in the Army.
  14. its going to go back to the way it was, where very few people attend! needs to go back to some where like Sandhurst, that is used to doing top functions, with top quality food, drink, service and a cracking Mess to go back to afterwards (the Sjts Mess not that attic thing above the toilets that they used a few years back).