Passwords. As in sentries not websites

JoseyWales said:
During the First World War, the shibboleth was the word - "with."

Any variation ie. "Vis" was dealt with immediately.
In WW2 the Dutch resistance used "Scheveningen" - name of a Dutch town, that no Kraut could ever get right.

You'd have have to ask a Cloggie to say ot for you to find out why not.

Just to make it abundantly clear: you don't just make up a password. It can be found on the CEI.

NI Gasworks early 70's, many a password for re-entry was made up by the lads stagging on for the day.

Pink - knickers
Doof - us
Panty - hose

among many more until some woopert put a stop to it.

I like simple four-letter phonetic passwords. I tried to teach some cadets the numerical version using the number eleven; every time the little sods challenged with pi

barbs said:
Just to make it abundantly clear: you don't just make up a password. It can be found on the CEI.
And if you're the poor bloke at the end of the line of "volunteers" ...

from remembering my experience with the CCF I think i can honestly say I dont know why you bother, you lot only seem to run 30 minute long exercises and then its back to the warm hut so little Lort Fauntleroy doesnt get a chill....

I wasn't saying I, or one of my fellow CFAVs, are doing it, just pointing out that some poor sod is the one writing the CEI - what does he do?

Mike Oscar November Golf was one i heard

I remember watching a programme about the falklands and it said that the scots guards used the phrase hey jimmy as a form of recognition the reason being a dago would pronounce it hey himmy