• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Passwords. As in sentries not websites

JoseyWales said:
During the First World War, the shibboleth was the word - "with."

Any variation ie. "Vis" was dealt with immediately.
In WW2 the Dutch resistance used "Scheveningen" - name of a Dutch town, that no Kraut could ever get right.

You'd have have to ask a Cloggie to say ot for you to find out why not.

Just to make it abundantly clear: you don't just make up a password. It can be found on the CEI.

NI Gasworks early 70's, many a password for re-entry was made up by the lads stagging on for the day.

Pink - knickers
Doof - us
Panty - hose

among many more until some woopert put a stop to it.

I like simple four-letter phonetic passwords. I tried to teach some cadets the numerical version using the number eleven; every time the little sods challenged with pi

barbs said:
Just to make it abundantly clear: you don't just make up a password. It can be found on the CEI.
And if you're the poor bloke at the end of the line of "volunteers" ...

from remembering my experience with the CCF I think i can honestly say I dont know why you bother, you lot only seem to run 30 minute long exercises and then its back to the warm hut so little Lort Fauntleroy doesnt get a chill....

I wasn't saying I, or one of my fellow CFAVs, are doing it, just pointing out that some poor sod is the one writing the CEI - what does he do?

Mike Oscar November Golf was one i heard

I remember watching a programme about the falklands and it said that the scots guards used the phrase hey jimmy as a form of recognition the reason being a dago would pronounce it hey himmy