Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by stargazer, Feb 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone give me some advice on applying for a passport for a new recruit. Do you apply as a civi through normal channels or is it done through the army, if so what is the procedure?
  2. As a civvy through normal channel's, you could get your OC to sign the piccy though.

  3. If it is required for your job then the system will pay for it as long as you keep the reciept, they won't pay for the Post Office fast track service unless it is required by the Military that quick, ie impending Ops.

  4. Thanks for your fast replies. Would the OC be able to sign the pic, I thought it had to be someone who had known you for 2 years?
  5. There are some exemptions for Military.

  6. Thanks Sparky are the exemptions only on the signatory
  7. 11D

    11D Old-Salt

    What is the form you need to fill out to claim back on a passport??

    I have the receipt and just need to know what paperwork
  8. Why do you need a passport for a new recruit?
  9. Stargazer

    As far as i can remember it was only who you were able to get to sign the back of your pictures.

    11D just take the reciept to your admin dept and speak to one of your clerks, your main drama will be trying to prove that it was required for Military, (Spearhead etc.) use not just so that you can go on holiday with your mates.
  10. My point exactly, why does a recruit need a passport? Phase one in Germany?
  11. They paid for mine while i was in training, this was many years ago, but this was so that i could go on exercise in Portugal, rough job but somebody had to do it.

  12. Been told once the commando training complete will be getting posted abroad
  13. 11D

    11D Old-Salt

    so what about needing it for AT?
    Can I claim it back then? Surely I can since this is duty travel