Passport query - for Regs Application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Soldier_Girl, Jun 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An oversight on my part has delayed my application, being that I do not have the required 4 years left on the passport.

I have made an appointment at the necessary High Commission to sort this out, however, they have stated that the processing time for this, is 4 months.

My question is this; is there a possibility of getting other parts of the application completed i.e the medical forms, in the meantime or does my application stop completely until I have my new flash passport in my hands?

2. [marq=up]

Speak to your recruiter mate. However, it shouldn't take 4 months to get your passport sorted?? You can apply for an emergency one.I have about 4 years left and it was never a problem for me.
  3. You clearly have NEVER dealt with the South African High Commission ... 4 months is them at speed! 8O
    I'll give my recruiter a call tomorrow, and see what he says, and I'll also have a chat to the staff at the High Commission tomorrow, and see if they can possibly sort something out quicker. I'm not too sure they would consider this an emergency though ...
  4. Very true, all you can do is see what they say.Good luck! :)
  5. Yep, it's definitely worth asking the question.! Thanks for the advice and wish of luck. I'll be needing a lot of it :)
  6. thats no good it takes so long. im from NZ and ive been told it only takes 10 days, and there are fast track services you can pay extra for too. the british home office on the other hand is a whole different story. what visa are you here on soldier girl?
  7. It's the South African High Commission that needs to issue my South African passport, so British Home Office has no real say in any of it.
    I'm currently on a Tier 2 General Visa, which expires in 2012, but I am applying for ILR in January 2011, which means I'll no longer need the Visa. Fair dues ... however, the South African High Commission have said that it takes 4 months to issue the new passport ... and I trust that they know how slow they really are, so I'm not even going to dispute that fact.
    The unfortunate thing is, I should've made sure I had all of my ducks in a row before I submitted my application, so in all fairness, it's my own fault. I just hope it doesn't slow down my application too much. I've waited 6 years to be able to submit the thing :(
  8. I heard about passport issuing problems in RSA some time ago and was told at the time that it was due to a change in government. Sorry to hear that the problem still persists and hope that you can get on a fast track - have you tried bribery? Sorry I mean incentivisation.
  9. It's more due to the corruption of fake passports being issued to anyone who is able to "incentivise" generously.