Passport or not ?

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by Trollie, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, My son is stationed in Germany at moment & is due to come home on leave this friday, his passport has expired although he has applied to renew it throught the army, still waiting on the new one arriving. Im worried about whether or not he will be allowed to fly home ?? he says he can with his travel warrant card , as he has come in & out of Germany in the last few weeks using that ... but that was via coach & going through euro tunnel ,, this will be first time flying back with no passort >> any help appreciated.
    Thanks T.

2. I have just read the posts re ryanair >>>thankgod I did not book through them , I have booked with KLM
    T.

3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

He could possibly get a NATO travel order. They shouldn't really be issued for leave but most units are quite flexible.

Air Berlin take them as do FlyBe. Not sure about KLM but double check with them. He must have photo ID so his ID card is ok.

4. Some companies can be a bit funny about that, best to make sure he take his driving license just in case.

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

The more the merrier.

6. Thankyou very much.

7. He had no problems , seemed i worried as usual for nothing, he had his nato travel pass , driving license & got through all with no hassle. Thanks all.

8. I know it is a bit late, but anyone looking for a passport quick fix whilst station in germany ,can turn up in person at the passport office at the British consulate in Dusseldorf , Same day service.
    Takes about two hours, saves on the travel worry. Normal paperwork and form filling capers apply.