Passport on JPA ???

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by daywalker, Feb 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    Does anyone know if you can still claim back the money for a passport renewal through JPA?
    Had a look today and couldn't see anything and the clerk was about as useful as tits on a fish.

    Cheers in advance

  2. As far as Im aware only if you are due to go on an Op tour or posting abroad.....theres funny regs about this.
  3. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    Cheers, I have to get a passport for my next posting so all legit. Is it done on JPA or through the clerks?
  4. My old unit got me to give them all receipts and they did it about 20 months ago as said they needed to check it units differ
  5. It's on JPA. Can't remember which section it's under but it's there somewhere. Your clerks might do it for you, but I wouldn't trust ours to spell their own name never mind do anything that is going to end with me getting money.
  6. Give them the reciept for your photo aswell....all beer tokens count at the end of the day
  7. At our place we get you to claim it back through the Imprest Account on a P1954 with all your receipts, that way you will only get the cash back if you are entitled to it. It saves you having the money recovered from your pay and getting added to the ARL if you are not entitled to claim it.

    Speak to your FSA / Sys Co-ord if your clerk is not much / any help !!
  8. You can claim back for your passport if about to be deployed, you can only claim back the cost of the passport if you use the post office checking service you cant claim that back!
  9. If you are entitled to a gratis passport, your Unit admin staff should process the completed forms for you. The FSA should provide the cheque and the HRs should sent it off. You should not have to pay out of your own pocket at all. If you have done, you should make sure that when you claim the money back on JPA (coz you can) that you give the reason why you paid yourself as well as details of the authorising officer. It'll save you some pain when the Audit Wagon pulls into town.
  10. I have just picked up forms to renew my wife's passport, our unit has a civvy in the RAOs office that sorts all passports out (payment etc) you can also claim back photos on PA under expensives, but remember to keep recipts
  11. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    Do you claim on the expense page or the one where all your personal details are?
  12. On the expense page
  13. daywalker

    daywalker LE Reviewer

    Cheers mate.
  14. You can if you just stick it on the claim form and no-one bothers checking the receipt properly!
  15. Your RAO gets a printout of all claims made in the unit each month, if he/she sees a passport claim at all he should be questioning why it wasn't applied for via the FSA with payment made by GPC card, he/she should also query the amount - should be no more than the standard fee - currently £77.50 that should also be questioned. Any claim submitted via JPA should be authorised by the budget manager prior to submission.