Passport At Phase 1

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Goony, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I'm due at Pirtbright on the 15th of September. The only issue I'm still worried about is that I still havent got a passport. Due to problems with photos and shit I now have to wait another 6 weeks for it meaning I won't have it in time for the start of basic basic.

My question is, will I get a bullocking for not having it or will another form of ID do?

2. I know its been posted before but here goes anyway. Nothing to worry about, the army will arrange for your passport and I am also led to believe, will pay for it as well. Same as a driving licence.

3. Apologies I couldn't find anything on search. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

4. Didnt sort my passport out till I got to my unit, a week before I was due to go on adventure training in Italy.

5. Do I need a provisional license before I go to basic? Or will the army sort that out?

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Whatever you do dont spend any money that you can get the Army to stump up!

7. Not 100 percent sure on this but I think you need atleast one piece of photographic ID. (Provisional license for me). So just make sure you have something.