Passive-Aggressive Christmas gifts!

Start shoveling a bit earlier and do his driveway/sidewalk for him. Just make sure all the snow from both his and your yard ends up on his porch piled up against his front door and it accidentally gets a bit of a spray from a hose/spray bottle of water which will hopefully turn to ice.

Start shoveling a bit earlier and do his driveway/sidewalk for him. Just make sure all the snow from both his and your yard ends up on his porch piled up against his front door and it accidentally gets a bit of a spray from a hose/spray bottle of water which will hopefully turn to ice.
I'd give you a funny as well if I could, a have a like anyway.

Perhaps it's to avoid the dribblings of weak minded mongs. It's a good combat indicator that what follows is bound to be a load of dripping cat shit unless you're certain the writer is American, in which case some leeway is afforded due to the problem they have using the letter 'U' in certain words, and other educational drawbacks.

So, I was thinking to myself the other day that people that get annoyed by other people's grammar
I couldn't give a toss about other people's grammar, she just sounds like a mong when she starts a sentence with the word so.

"Perhaps they have just got too much time on their hands to be worried about such trivial things".
I'm retired and now that winters here, well apart from the feeding and taking care of livestock I have plenty of time on my hands thank you very much.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Well, I am a septic, so I get a pass. And quite a few thread I've started on this forum began with So....
I suppose it makes a change from "this one time at band camp".

So I have a new neighbor who is quite the lazy ******. He is a mid 20’s something useless millennial that has not shoveled
his sidewalk once this year. Out here you have 24 hours to get your walks cleared once the snow has stopped falling. I shovel my walks and my neighbors(retired pensioners in their late 70’s), at O dark thirty. It is not fun but the rules are the rules and we have them to maintain social order. I thought about getting him a new snow shovel with a fancy gaudy bow for Christmas , and leaving it on his front porch to help show him the light. What passive-aggressive gifts would you get for the special people in your lives?
‘So’ you could clear the path for him, put the snow in a waterproof container (bin bag), inside a large cardboard box, gift wrap it and place it outside his door?

Leave a card with a suitable but friendly message attached to the front door.
Something 3ft square with “Jehovah’s witnesses welcome here”

These days mate I think it's a liability thing, my sister who lives in Edinburgh was told by a council ociffer to cease and desist from clearing the pavement in front of her place.
If you clean it you're liable for anyone who falls over on the ice, if you leave it 'as nature' it's not your liability. doesn't stop me cleaning mine as I don't think any of my neighbours are that sort of knob but in other areas I'd be more careful. I'm not sure how the council thinks they can order you to cease, but maybe that's local to the area.

So I have a new neighbor who is quite the lazy ******. He is a mid 20’s something useless millennial that has not shoveled
his sidewalk once this year. Out here you have 24 hours to get your walks cleared once the snow has stopped falling. I shovel my walks and my neighbors(retired pensioners in their late 70’s), at O dark thirty. It is not fun but the rules are the rules and we have them to maintain social order. I thought about getting him a new snow shovel with a fancy gaudy bow for Christmas , and leaving it on his front porch to help show him the light. What passive-aggressive gifts would you get for the special people in your lives?
Having just listened to a news report about newly qualified teachers in Oregon compelled to undertake a three day weapons training course to prevent America's 37th school shooting in 2018 I would suggest that your efforts to maintain social order by moving snow from one place to another are somewhat ineffective..... :)

Frankly I find the contents of this thread to be disappointing, given the promising title and that it is in the NAAFI Bar. A proper passive aggressive gift would be something like a dildo for your other half, something she can use to 'go f*** herself'.

Thinking of possible solutions to the problem with the neighbour not clearing snow, maybe you could consider purchasing a life like dummy and leaving it in his area of uncleared sidewalk before dawn. When he looks out of the window he will panic when he sees what looks like a person felled by a snow related incident.

When neighbour comes to investigate, throw snow at him. Alternatively see if he gets angry and starts striking the dummy, in which case you phone the local Police Department and report a man being attacked in the street.

That'll learn 'im!

Last edited:
My parents generation used to clear the path/steps from the pavement to the house,also the street path from the neighbours to the next one,who also did their turn too. Scotland late 50's---80s.
Doesn't seem to happen now.
I rarely bother clearing my pavement, because in Scotland these days, snow rarely lies more than a day before the rain washes it away. When we had an extended period of snow in 2010 there was little point in clearing it because the cooncil snow plough just pushed it off the road onto the pavement again.

So, I was thinking to myself the other day that people that get annoyed by other people's grammar "Perhaps they have just got too much time on their hands to be worried about such trivial things".
It is the last thing for people to have something to cling to.There are so many things. people, groups of people and organisations that cannot be criticised we need to find comfort in other things.

I rarely bother clearing my pavement, because in Scotland these days, snow rarely lies more than a day before the rain washes it away. When we had an extended period of snow in 2010 there was little point in clearing it because the cooncil snow plough just pushed it off the road onto the pavement again.
It’s people like you, that should be strung up in the town square...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think Honey Badgers are the ultimate passive/aggressive present. Amiable little creatures (passive) until you piss them off (aggressive).

ugly

LE
I haven't shoveled my sidewalk (pavement?) once this year either, then again it hasn't snowed
The pavement outside my house is the responsibility of the council, they mow the grass but have failed to weed the paving stones. I am outraged.