"Passionate Indifference"

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
"Passionate Indifference"

Is this not the most brilliant phrase ever?!

However, last week the Scottish Football Association reached a compromise with the English FA for a Team GB to go ahead – but without any players from the Celtic nations.

Hamish Husband, spokesman for the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, said the British side should not count on any support from north of the Border. He added: "Scotland supporters won't be watching these games, so we won't be cheering on Team GB. Our attitude is going to be one of passionate indifference. Olympic football has never exactly been electrifying."

Tartan Army clubs up and down Scotland had been drafted in by the SFA to help oppose plans for a single British team representing all four home nations. Husband said he felt the SFA's compromise was "unforgivable". "They have come under an avalanche of political pressure both from Gordon Brown and from some international football authorities," he said. "But we have always been passionately against a Team GB.
Scotland on Sunday

So come 2012 I will be supporting Team GB Football with Passionate Indifference - so be it.

A-Y

Some people should accept when they are conquered.

If he BOC want to put a GB football team then they should - if Scotland want to bar its players then it may want to take a long hard look at itself. Is sport for the love of the game???

PCLG said:
Some people should accept when they are conquered.

If he BOC want to put a GB football team then they should - if Scotland want to bar its players then it may want to take a long hard look at itself. Is sport for the love of the game???
It's about protecting the Home Nation FA's independance. Blatter said it would be OK to put together an Team GB and the Home Nation FA's would not be penalised but they (the FAs) don't trust him and I for one agree. He is more corrupt and power mad than a British politician.

Any way. It'll be more fun for the Celtic nations to point and laugh. :D

thegimp said:
chippy fecking porridge wog
Mebbe. But you can't blame the SFA for protecting itself. A "Team GB" is just the start of a slippery slope to amalgamate the UK FA's into one. A Team GB without the mad oirish, fighting jocks and pissed up welshies is just, well, not a Team GB is it?

Besides. speaking as an Anglo-Welsh-Scotsman I quite like having the sense of there being 4 Home Nations. I'm on the winning side 75% of the time... :)