"Passionate Indifference"

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

"Passionate Indifference"

Is this not the most brilliant phrase ever?!

Scotland on Sunday

So come 2012 I will be supporting Team GB Football with Passionate Indifference - so be it.

2. Some people should accept when they are conquered.

If he BOC want to put a GB football team then they should - if Scotland want to bar its players then it may want to take a long hard look at itself. Is sport for the love of the game???
  3. It's about protecting the Home Nation FA's independance. Blatter said it would be OK to put together an Team GB and the Home Nation FA's would not be penalised but they (the FAs) don't trust him and I for one agree. He is more corrupt and power mad than a British politician.

Any way. It'll be more fun for the Celtic nations to point and laugh. :D
  4. Feck me, so England are going to win the 2010 WC, 2012 EURO, 2012 Olympics and then nab the home 2018 WC?
    Feckin good decade for English foosball.

5. chippy fecking porridge wog
  6. Mebbe. But you can't blame the SFA for protecting itself. A "Team GB" is just the start of a slippery slope to amalgamate the UK FA's into one. A Team GB without the mad oirish, fighting jocks and pissed up welshies is just, well, not a Team GB is it?

Besides. speaking as an Anglo-Welsh-Scotsman I quite like having the sense of there being 4 Home Nations. I'm on the winning side 75% of the time... :)