Passing The Night - Blog-along

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tremaine, May 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right now it's 2:20 AM and I aint going to bed any time soon. Housemates are all abed, and BBC News is droning in the background.

Thinking? Wondering how I fcuked up the date last night, seemed to be going well, nice meal, great woman, had hopes. Gets home, she went cold. Something I done or said? Who knows :x

On the Web: BBC News "Shedding light on the Catacombs of Rome"
    "A team of 10 Austrian and Italian archaeologists, architects and computer scientists have started with the largest catacomb, Saint Domitilla, just outside the Italian capital.

The tunnels, caves, galleries and burial chambers of Saint Domitilla stretch for about 15km (9 miles) over a number of levels.

At a time when Christians, in particular, were persecuted, the Catacombs became a relatively safe place to bury the dead."

...."On a computer screen, you can now see the whole underground complex. Using different buttons on the key pad, you can zoom in on the tunnels.

You can travel "through" walls, down corridors and into chambers, giving the first real sense of its beauty, scale and detail.

Paintings on walls, which have not been seen in nearly 2,000 years, are now visible - their colours vivid and clear.

"It is not a virtual image, it is not animation - what you are seeing is real data," says Mr Zimmerman." Fascinating, but it doesn't kill the solitude.

Yours?

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

band of brothers on the dvd player, and my bed looking rather inviting. wondering if I should clean the kitchen now or later.

3. Currently wide awake thanks to last nights Hatton fight throwing out my sleep pattern on my third beer with no prospect of sleep till sunrise at least. All for Six minutes of boxing happy days!!

4. Later....definitely later :)