Passing Out Then Deploying Time line

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Franny1990, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i have just been to see our new adjt with 2 other soldiers who are not long out of training but keen to deply on 13, they have been told they need to have been in the t.a for a minimum of 18months! however we've had guys go from out battery after only being in appx 15months (definatley not 18 months) does anybody have any idea of what the regulations are or have had any experiences similar?
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I (ex reg) and a mate (straight T.A. no other mil experience) passed out from Grathmam in June
    Call up papers arrived in December reported to Chillwell January and deployed after training the following April
    Deployed with the HCR despite neither of us having done ant armoured skills i.e. driving or gunnery
  3. I believe its often down to your own unit and how fit the believe you to be to deploy in terms of your personal fitness and how good your skills and drills are. If they feel youre confident and compitent to deploy then theyll accept your application. I wasnt long in when i wanted to go to afghan with 2 other lads from the unit, both who have been in longer than me but my ssm and psi said they would reccomend i gain some experience and time served before i deploy to that theatre.
  4. Thats because your being ridden.
  5. Do you need armoured skills for EFI? ;)
  6. I suppose the term 'Meat Sheild' didnt spring to mind?? :boogie: