Passing out parade piccys.

Discussion in 'REME' started by westendboy, Aug 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone still got their passing out parade pics? I`m still unpacking after moving 18 months ago and just got to the box with all my old photos in it. Sad I know but what the hell.

I`m the ugly one in the foreground extreme right.

23 Platoon Feb 1972 red tag. No colour back then thankfully.:safe:

resized_Passingout2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. My god man!! You had an outer body experience captured on camera!

3. :cheers:

Got the one from the previous week as well - (or might be 2 weeks?) when we used to back up the previous passer outers.

Just hunting for it now.

Found it!

resized_Passingout3a.jpg

4. Ye gods is that one of those RAF bar code chaps inspecting you? Does he know what he is doing? I notice he is wearing gloves, scared to catch something from those steely eye dealers of death.

5. In the first one yes. I think he was an Air Commodore or sommat like that. Just wanted to meet a trained killer I guess.

6. Last one I promise.

What a `kin motley crew.

resized_cat2h.jpg

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I havn't got mine, but if anyone has one of Borneo 13 1989 I would be grateful.

8. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Someone should tell that guy at the front just behind the Sect Cpl to get his head and eyes over to the right ffs!

9. No, I don't think so.....because he is the Right Marker and therefore keeps looking forwards. It's been a long time, but I believe I am right.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheresaMay

Crikey - that didn't take long!
    MV5BMTY0NTI0MDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA2NTQyMQ@@._V1._SX330_SY475_.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  11. OK. I lied about it being the last one. Going to the pub soon honest.

Nowt to do with passing out but another 23 Platoon shot from Feb 1972.

Seems to be in the gymnausium at Poperinghe. Must have been a few weeks into basic as the best boots seem to be quite shiny.

resized_gymnausium.jpg

12. Quite right Thai_exile. That was Rex and he was indeed the right marker. What about the other plonker (name escapes me) who appears to have his eyes completely shut!

13. TheresaMay

There's some cracking old photos of passing out parades on the REME Old Boys web page too. I'm actually in a couple of them too. Will have to post a couple later after I've photoshopped the black maskers onto my face of course - check it out:

Photo Albums - Arborfield Old Boys

14. Yes, looks like good times at Poperinghe Barracks at Arbofield. I went through the same in 75 (6 Platoon, DS were 2Lt R***r, SSgt H**e replaced by an ex para Sgt M*****e, Sgt H**l, Cpls W****r and W****s and L/Cpl H**) Will dig out the one or two pics I have left and post here when I get them scanned. Ours were in colour as well so an extra treat for the site :)

Two points on the OP photo, yes that looks like the right marker so no eyes right for him. Howver he seems to be half way there anyway, he is not exactly eyes front as it appears. Also it might be the angle of the photo os something but it looks like that Cpl has no bayonet fitted.

I am sure the OP also remembers the Bramshill Hunt very well too :)

15. You sure this is 72? Has a look of maybe 62 about it :)