Passing Out Parade ATR Lichfield

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Goatman, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Jolly good it was too....68 dashing young things marching off the Square to the stirring thump of a <sigh> Crab Air band......very well done all concerned. Bravo Zulu guys and girls.

I shall look forward to my freeby copy of the Lichfield Star with interest :)

BTW, I understand that the AMS used to do all their Phase 1 training at ATR Lichfield ? When did that stop - anyone know?

Lee Shaver

2. they were certainly doing it in '94 when i was there!

3. dont know, im old and did brats at Keogh.

4. One of my mates went through litchfield as a medic in 2001

5. They were definately at Winchester by 2003.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks guys.....if I see any coverage of the event I'll post a link.

Lee Shaver

7. My passout at Litchfield in '97 was one most people want to forget. For some reason we wore combats rather than No 2 uniform and so we looked sh*te and the OC 'forgot' to organise a band so we marched on and off the square in silence. Our platoon Sgt was most unhappy about the whole event.

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I haven't seen the RAMC or QARANC bands for some time. Have DMETA mislaid them, along with the military hospitals?

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Thay are managed by the AMS TA or 2 Med Bde I think.

10. and they work out of AMD I believe.

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...so? rock-all to do with DMETA then :D ...thanks be to the FSM !

Don't get me wrong - knowing how tough it is to get a band organised these days I thought the Cosford Area Voluntary did a bang-up job for the folks and deserve a big Bravo Zulu for their service on the day !

..trying to get a piece in 'Soldier' mag about the day...uphill struggle .... might have more luck with RAF News given that the Commandant's Prize was awarded to a blushing SAC !

Don Cabra

12. Thought you would know Vent?

13. An SAC! How long have the CRABS been doing phase 1 at ATR Lichfield

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Since never.......just the pass out parade at ATR - because there's nowhere suitable in central Brum where they all attended Uni......you been at that electric soup again darth ? Take mair water with it feller :D

Don Cabra

15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

thank you Willy.