Passing Out Parade ATR Lichfield

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Jolly good it was too....68 dashing young things marching off the Square to the stirring thump of a <sigh> Crab Air band......very well done all concerned. Bravo Zulu guys and girls.

I shall look forward to my freeby copy of the Lichfield Star with interest :)

BTW, I understand that the AMS used to do all their Phase 1 training at ATR Lichfield ? When did that stop - anyone know?

Lee Shaver

they were certainly doing it in '94 when i was there!

dont know, im old and did brats at Keogh.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks guys.....if I see any coverage of the event I'll post a link.

Lee Shaver

My passout at Litchfield in '97 was one most people want to forget. For some reason we wore combats rather than No 2 uniform and so we looked sh*te and the OC 'forgot' to organise a band so we marched on and off the square in silence. Our platoon Sgt was most unhappy about the whole event.

Goatman said:
the stirring thump of a <sigh> Crab Air band......very well done all concerned.
I haven't seen the RAMC or QARANC bands for some time. Have DMETA mislaid them, along with the military hospitals?

and they work out of AMD I believe.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...so? rock-all to do with DMETA then :D ...thanks be to the FSM !

Don't get me wrong - knowing how tough it is to get a band organised these days I thought the Cosford Area Voluntary did a bang-up job for the folks and deserve a big Bravo Zulu for their service on the day !

..trying to get a piece in 'Soldier' mag about the day...uphill struggle .... might have more luck with RAF News given that the Commandant's Prize was awarded to a blushing SAC !

Don Cabra

Goatman said:
...so? rock-all to do with DMETA then :D ...thanks be to the FSM !

Don't get me wrong - knowing how tough it is to get a band organised these days I thought the Cosford Area Voluntary did a bang-up job for the folks and deserve a big Bravo Zulu for their service on the day !

..trying to get a piece in 'Soldier' mag about the day...uphill struggle .... might have more luck with RAF News given that the Commandant's Prize was awarded to a blushing SAC !

Don Cabra
An SAC! How long have the CRABS been doing phase 1 at ATR Lichfield

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Since never.......just the pass out parade at ATR - because there's nowhere suitable in central Brum where they all attended Uni......you been at that electric soup again darth ? Take mair water with it feller :D

Don Cabra