PASSED!!!!!

#1
Hi got back from selection last night an passed. It was the best 2 days of my life i really enjoyed it. Run time 9:54 and good marks on everything else. The food was good aswell and the accomadation was good too. The lads were great we all had a good laugh. It also shows aswell how after only two days you really bond with each other and come together, because on the coach on the way there it was silent but then on the coach on the way back it was really loud and we were all having a great laugh. I start training in bassingbourn on the 13th january cant wait :D :) i would also like to thank you all for the advice you gave me because it really helped and i new exactly what to expect good luck in the future everyone.
Cheers
spiny!
 
#4
spiny08 said:
Hi got back from selection last night an passed. It was the best 2 days of my life i really enjoyed it. Run time 9:54 and good marks on everything else. The food was good aswell and the accomadation was good too. The lads were great we all had a good laugh. It also shows aswell how after only two days you really bond with each other and come together, because on the coach on the way there it was silent but then on the coach on the way back it was really loud and we were all having a great laugh. I start training in bassingbourn on the 13th january cant wait :D :) i would also like to thank you all for the advice you gave me because it really helped and i new exactly what to expect good luck in the future everyone.
Cheers
spiny!
LIAR

Either that or you are joining some other army because the two highlighted points definately don't remind me of the British army.
 
#5
Well done fella. Keep all that enthusiasm going and enjoy every day, even the bad ones.
 
#7
spiny08 said:
well maybe the food and accomadation is not good everywhere but it was good at ADSC glencourse!
Spiny
Congrate mate. Erm i have to say Pirbright was pretty good food the accommodation was little hot but was ok.
 
#10
Congratulations Spiny! The food at Lichfield was good too, only problem was that we had about 2 minutes to scoff it all down if your at the back of the que!
 
#12
Good on ya fella the road is long and winding but well worth the trip!!
 
T

the_mentalist

Guest
#14
spiny08 said:
well maybe the food and accomadation is not good everywhere but it was good at ADSC glencourse!
Spiny
I thought it was Glencorse, or at least it was in 1997 when I was there as an Instrutor at what was ATR Glencorse!!

T_M
 
#15
I don't want to p1ss on anyones bonfire or anything but I was under the impression that anyone who can read and write with minimal fitness and with 'normal' health can join up, unless 'selection' has changed from 20-30 years ago?

Let us know when your a soldier, when you pass phase one.




Edited to add; I'm in the wrong here guys, this is the training wing and you have a right to be excited. sorry.
 
#18
IT_Guy said:
I don't want to p1ss on anyones bonfire or anything but I was under the impression that anyone who can read and write with minimal fitness and with 'normal' health can join up, unless 'selection' has changed from 20-30 years ago?

Let us know when your a soldier, when you pass phase one
So a young person who has bust a gut in personal training for several months, gone through a recruitment process of tests and interviews and eventually reached selection - and passed - then has the pleasure of meeting someone like you. Maybe you got in 20 - 30 years ago easily, but the Army doesn't just take anyone these days.

Spiny08 - well done, be really proud of yourself. Keep up the training over Christmas and when you reach Phase 1 keep your ears open and your head down - and enjoy it. There will be low times but the time will pass quickly and you will be so proud!
 
#19
i just passed on the 12th, feeling happy, knuckling down to pushing myself to way higher standards in time for phase 1. i really enjoyed glencorse. there was only one or two complete twats in our lot which was nice.
 
#20
Cheers everyone and im going in as a driver in the rlc but its junior entry in bassingbourn. The recruiters at my local office said that if i passed selection i would be going in on the 6th january but then changed it to the 13th. Went back down this morning and he said he had some bad news that it would now be the 2nd march but oh well it gives me more time to be prepared and get fitter.
Good luck everyone
Spiny
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top