Passed briefing - don't have a sponsor

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Benno1, Apr 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I passed my AOSB briefing here (cat 1) and have received an email with the main board "aide memoire". It tells me to contact my sponsor and send them certain documents.

Thing is, I don't have a sponsor. Is it my OTC unit or is it a regiment? If a regiment, I have done a fam visit to the RTR so should I ask them for sponsorship?

I seem to remember them saying that if we didnt have a sponsor then not to worry. But the aide memoire suggests that it is vital. I have been left confused.
  2. Your recruiting officer is your sponsor.

Edit- ring him.
  3. I have not spoken to a recruiting officer. The one time I tried I was told that the office did not handle officers.
  4. Then ring whoever is handling your application/booked you on the board/westbury all these people have the answers you seek.

I on the other hand am a 16 stone trucker from maidenhead with a penchant for lycra spiderman outfits. And so is everybody else on arrse.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good to hear you've passed. Which group were you in? I was orange myself.

Your recruiting officer is probably Lt. Cnl Brown (retired), he is mine.
  6. I was in black syndicate.

All sorted now anyway chaps! Thanks.
  7. Congrats on the Cat 1.
  8. Lt Col, please. At least you didn't refer to him as LC as I've seen some do.

...though, doubtless, this bloke will answer to Elsie: [​IMG]
    New Commanding Officer takes over at 45 Commando in Arbroath

(if didn't already, he will now).
  9. if you pass and then commission... you will find that type of thing happening on average once a month throughout your career ;-)

10. I knew that didn't look right when I typed it. Cheers.