• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Passed Army Selection but Medical Deferred - Can I still be attested?

I have returned from selection but have a medical deferral for dermatitis - I don't even have dermatitis, but a bad reaction to a sofa nearly 3 years ago ended up getting eczema notes on my doctors records as at the time they thought it was eczema.

I have passed all of the selection and have been given a medical pro forma letter to get completed by my doctor for more information on 'dermatitis'. Can I still be attested or do I have to wait for all of this to be sorted? And is there a time frame on this as I don't want to have to do the selection process all over again..

Mate, I think i'm likely to get caught for the same thing.Could you tell me what they want to know as I intend to see my GP before selection and take a covering letter with me?
Thanks

I was deferred for the same thing, but dermatitis from something else & I was meant to go to Selection in a week. They’ve asked for FMA off my GP which I’ve paid for, just waiting for news now!

I was deferred for the same thing, but dermatitis from something else & I was meant to go to Selection in a week. They’ve asked for FMA off my GP which I’ve paid for, just waiting for news now!
What is FMA? I’m hoping it’s going to be ok as I’ve completed Selection now.

Yes you can attest with a medical deferral. Did they not give you the option?.
Thanks! No option given but the Major that interviewed seemed to think I could get attested. Tried to contact CSM today but no luck. My DBS is being processed too so maybe I have to wait for that to go through.

Maybe there are different types of defferal. I got one but attested at the selection centre though I could have waited and done it at my unit.

Maybe there are different types of defferal. I got one but attested at the selection centre though I could have waited and done it at my unit.
Oh I see, maybe there is then. Though I dont think any of the others had the choice to attest there. I think quite a few had deferrals too.

They don’t attest at the centre anymore apparently and I don’t think you can attest with deferral either as you technically haven’t passed selection until you pass the medical. I received a medical deferral because my RGMD wasn’t recieved and haven’t been able to attest yet.
As for your second question, Your selection score will last 12 months so you shouldn’t have to do anything again.

I'm confused by the whole eczema ruling. I had a medical in January and there was a rash on the inside of my arm, had never been diagnosed with eczema in my life and they graded me P8 with active dermatitis. I moisturised it that night and it was gone by morning. Went to my GP to get an appeal letter and he refused to refer me to a dermatologist as there was nothing there but he wrote me a letter saying it was just a sweat rash. The appeal was denied. Was going to book a private dermatologist to get a letter but I downloaded the JSP950 document and it says that the deferral period without being prescribed anything is 1 year but I've read online that it's 3 years. I'm confused by it all.