Passed ADSC Glencourse - Happy to answer any questions

Evening all,

Just got back from Edingburgh now after passing ADSC Glenscourse.

Although most questions have been asked and answered regarding ADSC, I'm still happy to answer any questions anyone may have. It was a fantastic experience and a real laugh, so it should certainly be something to look forward to.

We had around 40 lads start, but ost around a dozen guys through the medical. The officers did repeatidly mention that medical is one of the biggest hurdles to pass at this stage, and it is something that you have little control over.

The rest, such as strength tests, team tasks and the 1.5 mile run are purely down to you. I think we only had one person fail the run, and two fail the team tasks.

I actually surprised myself on the run, coming in first with a time of 9:02 - not the best, as there are lads on here claiming sub 8 min times, but certainly the best on the day (today). The team tasks are straightforward - just have fun and get stuck in. Always show confidence throughout your time at ADSC, without being c*cky and you'll do well.

Any questions, just post away - and good luck to those off to ADSC(G) this week.

Ice breaker went well - you just talk about yourself, your family, ambitions, the regiment you want to join and why, etc.

You're scored on the clearness of your speed, your confidence and how loud you are (without shouting).

The scoring for each is out of 3, 1 being the lowest (no confidence) and 3 being the highest (highly confident).

I just got deferred for a heart murmur yesterday at Glencorse, I think there was 4 other heart murmur deferrals from a group of about 40

LUFC91: Yes, you get a detailed time table with your train warrants.

oloveridge: The medical I did on the day was quite simple and straightforward. It consisted of having your height, weight and body fat levels taken, followed by an hearing test and then a detailed check over/interview with a doctor, where he checks your joints, ears, eyes, heart, lungs and performs the good ole cough and drop.

Unfortunately, the medical is at the mercy of the Gods. Hopefully, you'll be fine.

oloveridge said:
just wondering what is the point of the cough and drop i mean what is supposed to happen or not happen
Well if you balls fall off then its a fail, unless you are a bird - in which case the appearance of any balls (except vibrating love balls) is a fail)

you dont have to worry about what is supposed to happen. if it doesnt happen you can't MAKE it happen. I didnt have to cough. She just had a good butchers at the boys!!!

Drop and cough is to judge wheather you have pulled a hernia which would be evident thorugh your bollox....just be a man and get on with it.

Scotto103 said:
i'm worrying about this heart murmur thing like. its the only thing thats worrying me
IF YOU WORRY ABOUT IT YOU'RE GOING TO GET ONE

YOU'RE GONNA DIEEE
AARRGGHHH

On a more serious note, it is really heartbreaking to see people fail for it. One of the guys on my selection had a heart murmur, and he was devastated. Albeit, you can appeal easily about heart murmurs, considering everybody has them at some point in their life as far as I'm aware? Some people just have them like.. constantly :p

What is the colour of the boathouse?