Pass out parade Albermarle Barracks 1990

Hi all,
Can some one please help me out here please, my wife and I attended the passing out parade of our son who went onto join the
Green Howards, we bought a video showing the parade that lovely day, we have some how lost the Vhs video and are desperately trying
to get hold of another copy (hoping its on disc by now)
Chindit Platoon. C' company Junior Infantary Battalion.
The Last King's Division Junior Leader Platoon.
On the Occasion of their passing out Parade.
4th August 1990. Albermarle Barracks. Newcastle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ps our son still keeps in touch with his old Green Howard mates.
All the best.
Derek
Not sure how this site works but hope email can be sent to me.

Hi all,
Can some one please help me out here please, my wife and I attended the passing out parade of our son who went onto join the
Green Howards, we bought a video showing the parade that lovely day, we have some how lost the Vhs video and are desperately trying
to get hold of another copy (hoping its on disc by now)
Chindit Platoon. C' company Junior Infantary Battalion.
The Last King's Division Junior Leader Platoon.
On the Occasion of their passing out Parade.
4th August 1990. Albermarle Barracks. Newcastle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ps our son still keeps in touch with his old Green Howard mates.
All the best.
Derek
Not sure how this site works but hope email can be sent to me.
Try asking these: Home

Hello, I did try the green howards museum, and others connected to green howrds, but as yet no reply from any one. I did find the video on youtube today! posted 2013, some time ago I know but just goes to show copy could still be out there, it means a lot to me.
Thanks for taking time to reply, its appreciated.
All the very best.
Derek

Here is footage of a proper Highland Regiment passing out parade.

Fakir off come's to mind,
I remember at Albermarle walking through the big hangers and 3-4 pipers were practicing, me and my late father just stood in awe! of these young lads playing the bagpipes, it was to be many years later when I discovered my grandad would march to the sound of the pipes, when dad would hear the pipers play flowers of the forest or the other beautifull tune 'when the piper plays' a tear could be found in dads eye, how' that then! a north east lad born n bred in Stockton loves the sound of pipes playing and the marching of the scotts.
If any one out there loves to hear the bagpipes playing go on youtube and listen to Andy Cant play in Rememberence, played at Kirkwall cathedral, service to remember Jutland.
Now re-stilly there endeth the lesson.
All the best.
Derek

Ken! How could you not be moved by this!! The very next day after the service at Kirkwall I wrote to Kirkwall council to ask Andy if the beautiful piece of music will be released to buy, Andy told me through the council that the music he wrote was just a scribble, I asked Kirkwall council to tell Andy his scribbling is beautifull, and as far as I know the Kirkwall pipe band will release this.
Hope my dear dad in heaven heard this music.
Well done Ken posting this, I've had a computer for years and never got passed simple basics, but then again I'm a simple lad who loves beautifull music, hope others who hear this will be moved the same way.
All the best Ken.
Derek

Cheers mate. The Band has 'In Remembrance' on their 'Milestone' album which is available to download either as a complete album or just a selected track on their website

Thanks Ken, its a must for me, I will ask our daughter to do it for me, as I said just a simple lad, using credit card
light years from my understanding, born 200 years to late, I would have done realy well in the candle era.
I will order the album and hope lads n lasses who use this site will listen to Andy Cant play In Rememberence.
Still trying to work out how to use this site? Doooooo