Pass or Fail - Medical Examination

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Alex.Clark, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Copied from my post about AFC Harrogate application:

"Supposidly most fail on Medical - Hopefully my history won't screw me up:

Nose Bleeds occasionally (treated with cauterisation *burning of vessels*)
    Frostbite in 1999 to face - Treated within a year.

Do any of you honestly think that will fuckup my chances?"
  2. How can you fail for that?

Most fail? Maybe most have ailments? :eek:

It depends on the applicant to be frank, you'll have to ask in the RAMA and QARANC section to get a more.. "professional" opinion
  3. Please explain to me how your opinion is even the slightest bit " professional. thanks

4. Do you still have a nose and ears and do they work?
    if you do you should be fine

however if you have a face thats been hit with a shovel, and you cant smell/Hear, you would be truly FUBAR

5. Nah all fine, just was nervous i guess.

6. You will be a fine next gen. woopert

7. You will be fine, get fitness training though!
  8. a few things. when it says most fail on medical, i think it means 'out of those who fail, most fail on medical'

secondly, for harrogate, that means your 15/16 at most. so 1999 made you what 7/8/9
    how did you get frostbite so young?
  9. Was out in Chamonet (spelling?) Near the Alps. Got family out there you see -
    Stupid Skiiing instructor was to stupid to realise there was a low blizzard going on - we carriedon with no facial gear. Hence - the frostbite.

No bad long term effects at all - had a temporary loss of feeling on left side of face. Sucked tbh - couldn't smile. I adapted ten it went away. No severities whatsoever.

W**ker instructor though.

10. Wow thats incredibly rubbish! Did the instructor get sacked/sued?

11. Not a clue. Hardly even remember being 'ill' (under influence of the frostbite). Think another term was used to describe it as: Shingles. Sadly was a cross between shingles and frostbite. And as i said left the left side of my face paralyzed for a short-term time.

Got word that I have to wait 2 weeks then phone GP to esure he hs sent it off. Then a firther 2 weeks+ to wait and hear of Army's response to it.
    fingers crossed.
  12. I don't know I guess it was the fact that i'm a St. Johns first aider lol, thought I might know just a tad.