Pass or Fail - Medical Examination

How can you fail for that?

Most fail? Maybe most have ailments? :eek:

It depends on the applicant to be frank, you'll have to ask in the RAMA and QARANC section to get a more.. "professional" opinion

RoyalEngineers said:
How can you fail for that?

Most fail? Maybe most have ailments? :eek:

It depends on the applicant to be frank, you'll have to ask in the RAMA and QARANC section to get a more.. "professional" opinion
Please explain to me how your opinion is even the slightest bit " professional. thanks

/GR

Alex.Clark said:
Copied from my post about AFC Harrogate application:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=79778.html

"Supposidly most fail on Medical - Hopefully my history won't screw me up:

History:

Nose Bleeds occasionally (treated with cauterisation *burning of vessels*)
Frostbite in 1999 to face - Treated within a year.

Do any of you honestly think that will fuckup my chances?"

Do you still have a nose and ears and do they work?
if you do you should be fine

however if you have a face thats been hit with a shovel, and you cant smell/Hear, you would be truly FUBAR

/GB

Alex.Clark said:
Copied from my post about AFC Harrogate application:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=79778.html

"Supposidly most fail on Medical - Hopefully my history won't screw me up:

History:

Nose Bleeds occasionally (treated with cauterisation *burning of vessels*)
Frostbite in 1999 to face - Treated within a year.

Do any of you honestly think that will fuckup my chances?"
You will be fine, get fitness training though!

a few things. when it says most fail on medical, i think it means 'out of those who fail, most fail on medical'

secondly, for harrogate, that means your 15/16 at most. so 1999 made you what 7/8/9
how did you get frostbite so young?

Was out in Chamonet (spelling?) Near the Alps. Got family out there you see -
Stupid Skiiing instructor was to stupid to realise there was a low blizzard going on - we carriedon with no facial gear. Hence - the frostbite.

No bad long term effects at all - had a temporary loss of feeling on left side of face. Sucked tbh - couldn't smile. I adapted ten it went away. No severities whatsoever.

W**ker instructor though.

GasRam_CMT said:
Alex.Clark said:
Nah all fine, just was nervous i guess.

You will be a fine next gen. woopert

/GB

Thankyou.

Alex.Clark said:
Stupid Skiiing instructor was to stupid to realise there was a low blizzard going on - we carriedon with no facial gear. Hence - the frostbite.

No bad long term effects at all - had a temporary loss of feeling on left side of face. Sucked tbh - couldn't smile. I adapted ten it went away. No severities whatsoever.

Wow thats incredibly rubbish! Did the instructor get sacked/sued?

J.

JayCam said:
Alex.Clark said:

Wow thats incredibly rubbish! Did the instructor get sacked/sued?

J.
Not a clue. Hardly even remember being 'ill' (under influence of the frostbite). Think another term was used to describe it as: Shingles. Sadly was a cross between shingles and frostbite. And as i said left the left side of my face paralyzed for a short-term time.

Got word that I have to wait 2 weeks then phone GP to esure he hs sent it off. Then a firther 2 weeks+ to wait and hear of Army's response to it.
fingers crossed.