• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Pass Army Selection.... Chances for fire service?

Ok i passed selection without any problems.... Scored well above average and gave a good impression on my final interview hence being offered employment.

What i want to know is that since i passed selection and have my Certificate of Achievement what are my chances with the Fire Service?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Why don't you try asking them?

Bluddy Trumpton.

I have just qualified as a pilot on 747's with British Airways. What are my chances of performing surgery for the NHS, any ideas?

That depends if you can actually answer questions without being sarcastic doesnt it?

This is a serious question that i thought somebody (with brains) might be able to answer for me, As the fire service also look for a lot of traits that the army do i thought maybe it would give me a good standing chance.

Millhouse said:
That depends if you can actually answer questions without being sarcastic doesnt it?

This is a serious question that i thought somebody (with brains) might be able to answer for me, As the fire service also look for a lot of traits that the army do i thought maybe it would give me a good standing chance.
Yeah I've just had a word for you and they say your in. Tip up at 0900 on monday (bring your own wellies).

Hahaha cheers shitlips.

Although I'm not the one asking for career help from people I don't know on the internet.

Millhouse said:

Well, I would have thought that some one with 'a' brain would think about contacting the fire brigade directly rather than asking in here. I do notice however, that you are looking for someone with more than one brain (as in brains) to answer your question. Good luck with your hunt for the man (or woman) with two brains.

As previously stated i thought maybe id get a quick response here off someone who might have some insight, so since you dont why not f**k off and polish your boots.

Oh! Mate i would run! Run very fast!

If you want a serious Answer then try be the adult at least! And if you had just slated me along with the majority of this forum with a remark like that...

In fact no you have just slated me!

trigger_uxb said:
Oh! Mate i would run! Run very fast!

If you want a serious Answer then try be the adult at least! And if you had just slated me along with the majority of this forum with a remark like that...

In fact no you have just slated me!
Well if people were serious then there would be no need for slating would there, if others were more adult like then i would treat them with respect.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh dear. How to win friends and influence people...

How about you disappear up your own backside and Join the Fire Service. work 6 months a year on that (well paid) job and get a part time job as well. Then on top of that have your holiday allowance - and strike days off too while the Army do your job for you....

Stupid bloody question....

Millhouse said:
Well if people were serious then there would be no need for slating would there, if others were more adult like then i would treat them with respect.
We don't have much respect for the fireservice after they decided to strike, or don't you remember? We managed to do their job with less manpower than them, paid less than them and with alot less time off than them. Now who's getting the worse deal?

Your asking a question to people in the Army about something we don't know (or care) about. Expect sarcastic answers...

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you want to know about the Army, ask away (after using the search function of course). If you want to ask about the Fire Brigade- ask the bloody Fire Brigade!!! Simple isn't it?