Pass Army Selection.... Chances for fire service?

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by Millhouse, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok i passed selection without any problems.... Scored well above average and gave a good impression on my final interview hence being offered employment.

What i want to know is that since i passed selection and have my Certificate of Achievement what are my chances with the Fire Service?
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Why don't you try asking them?

Bluddy Trumpton.
  3. Well i thought id ask here first to see if anyone had any insight, i know ill get a quick response here :)
  4. I have just qualified as a pilot on 747's with British Airways. What are my chances of performing surgery for the NHS, any ideas?
  5. That depends if you can actually answer questions without being sarcastic doesnt it?

This is a serious question that i thought somebody (with brains) might be able to answer for me, As the fire service also look for a lot of traits that the army do i thought maybe it would give me a good standing chance.
  6. Yeah I've just had a word for you and they say your in. Tip up at 0900 on monday (bring your own wellies).
  7. Ohhh your all so clever aint ya?

Actually maybe your not and thats why your a soldier instead of an officer
  8. Cow

Cow LE

Might as well join the Army, we end up doing their job as well at times.
  9. Hahaha cheers shitlips.

Although I'm not the one asking for career help from people I don't know on the internet.
  10. Thanks for at least giving a serious answer.
  11. Well, I would have thought that some one with 'a' brain would think about contacting the fire brigade directly rather than asking in here. I do notice however, that you are looking for someone with more than one brain (as in brains) to answer your question. Good luck with your hunt for the man (or woman) with two brains.
  12. As previously stated i thought maybe id get a quick response here off someone who might have some insight, so since you dont why not f**k off and polish your boots.
  13. Oh! Mate i would run! Run very fast!

If you want a serious Answer then try be the adult at least! And if you had just slated me along with the majority of this forum with a remark like that...

In fact no you have just slated me!
  14. Well if people were serious then there would be no need for slating would there, if others were more adult like then i would treat them with respect.
  15. Oh dear. How to win friends and influence people...

How about you disappear up your own backside and Join the Fire Service. work 6 months a year on that (well paid) job and get a part time job as well. Then on top of that have your holiday allowance - and strike days off too while the Army do your job for you....

Stupid bloody question....