Pashtu Language CDs Req

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Me!_Amph!!, Oct 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cummon Guys, with the amount of us that have been to that nice place, someone must have a copy of a CD/DVD that they used to learn the local language.

Yes I could try my best and get myself on the 'Official' courses, I will probabbly end up on the 2 week course that is run. I just want a head start and a greater understanding of the language before I go.

Got a little bit of time to learn it as I'm not off till Sep 09.

Any help would be great.

2. msr

msr LE

3. Being the tight Jock that I am MSR was trying to get a freebe.

Not that I would encourage copy right infringment. (Who said Torrents)

Looked at the Rosetta stone way and didnt like it, I've never been that good at multi guess.

Will keep on looking something may pop up.

4. msr

msr LE

So you have come to a public forum and asked for stolen goods?

Rather than find £15 from your £2,000 operational bonus.

Well done.
  5. No I am not MSR.

I asked if anyone had a CD/DVD that they had learnt from. The fact that someone lead me to a Torrent to check out the Rosetta stone software in no way implies in any way or form that I am asking for stolen goods.

Where in any of the 2 posts above has it said I want a stolen copy of the CD/DVD.

Just because I like keeping my pockets deep and plentyfull does not mean I operate outside the law.

I like everyone else in our line of work will look for a simplistic answer to any problem.

If it means in the long run and after all avenues have been exhausted that I have to purchase software which can cost up to £139 then I might just have to.

6. I may be able to help you with this one. I will dig out the dusty MP3 player and see if i still have a copy given to me whilst on PDT. Failing that the AEC may be able to help you.
  7. ACC your a star, many thanks mate.

As said I am most likely going to end up on a 2 week course, but I do like to sneek in some pre-training before hand.

Plus there is the skill fade. Hopefully I can get the basics before we go.