Party Leader Debate Poll - Round 2

Which leader do you think is coming over best?

  • Gordon Brown

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Cameron

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Clegg

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#4
Nick Clegg just failed to follow on from the success of last week, looked a bit like Tony Blair at the Chilcott enquiry!!

DC got ahead, but GB is fighting a losing battle after the failures of 13years in power
 
#6
From the Guardian

Instant polls gave mixed verdicts, with ComRes for ITV news making it a virtual dead heat: Clegg on 33 points, and Cameron and Brown both on 30. YouGov gave it to Cameron on 36, Clegg on 32 and Brown on 29. Channel Four, however, called it for Clegg on 52, Brown 31 and Cameron 17.
Got to wonder about the sample Ch 4 used ....

C_C
 
#7
Whet said:
Well, let's see what happens in the polls.

Personally I think that the other two upped their game but Clegg took it.
The only thing Clegg took was backhanders!

Though if he wants to make a deal with Labour on PR... he may need to get used to taking mandlesons cock.
 
#8
InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
Well, let's see what happens in the polls.

Personally I think that the other two upped their game but Clegg took it.
The only thing Clegg took was backhanders!

Though if he wants to make a deal with Labour on PR... he may need to get used to taking mandlesons c***.
So you know better than the electoral commission?

Fuck off you tart
 
#9
Whet said:
InVinoVeritas said:
Whet said:
Well, let's see what happens in the polls.

Personally I think that the other two upped their game but Clegg took it.
The only thing Clegg took was backhanders!

Though if he wants to make a deal with Labour on PR... he may need to get used to taking mandlesons c***.
So you know better than the electoral commission?

Fuck off you tart
I know f*ck all acually... which is why I'm ten times more intelligent than you, you rancid apologist for liars and thieves.
 
#11
Brown is a deluded moron who wants to pay off every voter in the country and run this country according to the script of 1984 - but actually, after watching tonight's show, I'd rather have that than Clegg.

Clegg is a fucking lunatic.

He brushed over the Trident issue as if it were nothing before launching into a tirade about 'homophobes and people who deny climate change' as if they were the epitomy of evil.

He expressed his burning desire to work towards a world free from nuclear weapons. Whilst a nice thought, the many levels of naivety and ignorance involved in thinking that it's achievable is diffcult to comprehend. It's like striving for a world free from guns or knives, or nasty name calling.

And he showed his true colours when it came to Europe - even resorting to Labour-esque scaremongering by pointing to a paedophile ring which was brought down by European co-operation. I want padophiles to get what's coming to them as much as the next person, but it hardly justifies the complete surrender of our sovereignty to a European superstate.

All in all, he came accross as a posh boy with little understanding of the real world, a deep dislike of Britain as a country, and an enormous chip on his shoulder.
 
#12
I think they all came out rather equal tonight. Gordon Brown seem to up his game. Nick Clegg held on but didn't advance. But the most surprising person for me was David Cameron...I expected him to do better and so far he isn't pushing ahead.

Overall Nick Clegg is ahead for me.
 
#13
I'm giving that one to Sky News, much better than the chobber from ITV.

I must have missed something or the rest of the press have some sort of George W by proxy fixation. Broon obviously meant the old biddy was a woman with a national insurance shortfall 'cos she took time out of work to bring up her kids.
 
#14
Gordon was a bit of a surprise as he departed from his usual style of bludgeoning the audience with statistics. Didn't make him any less of a cnut though.

Clegg held to the 'vision' format that stood him so well last time, rather than going into any detail and where he fell down was in not explaining his justification for doing away with Trident.

Cameron had upped his game in the presentation stakes but I didn't feel he did any better in the substance stakes than before. His take on the nuclear deterrent issue was based on some pretty sweeping assumptions on our place in the world and I would have liked him to go into more detail on why he held them true.

Not that I'll be voting for any of them, but I put Clegg ahead on aggregate.
 
#15
I remember a film or TV program which had something to do with voting for "none of the above". As I heard nothing more than 3 children squabble, nothing said by any of them has earned my vote so far.
 
#16
DeltaDog said:
........ as a posh boy with little understanding of the real world, a deep dislike of Britain as a country, and an enormous chip on his shoulder.
You've just described Tony "lying b*stard" Blair.
 
#17
Charm_City said:
From the Guardian

Instant polls gave mixed verdicts, with ComRes for ITV news making it a virtual dead heat: Clegg on 33 points, and Cameron and Brown both on 30. YouGov gave it to Cameron on 36, Clegg on 32 and Brown on 29. Channel Four, however, called it for Clegg on 52, Brown 31 and Cameron 17.
Got to wonder about the sample Ch 4 used ....

C_C
The C4 poll is meaningless as it isn't weighted, it's just self-selecting people giving their opinions. Comres and YouGov are proper polls.
 
#18
See Gorgon was shaking his head again on the wee bit I seen last night when Clegg was speaking the fucking ignorant cunt. Still 13 days until Pickfords arrive at No 10 to collect his stuff hope the place gets fumigated from top to bottom before anyone moves in
 
#19
Clegg has peaked too early and has had his moment of glory. I was very surprised by some of his views last night, some were more left wing than Labour, but then I found out he's about as British as Mandelson's boyfriend. I think all the positive feedback he received from the first debate has swelled his head and made him think he can do no wrong. The Lib Dems will be back to being an irrelevance very soon.
I still find it hard to digest that a large proportion of the public still think it's a popularity contest and will vote for someone on appearance.
 
#20
I have a scary feeling the next Gov is going to be elected by the young and based on popularity and tv style rather than any real merits and unfortunately Clegg will probably win.

I think he is smarmy and looks a bully, but watching the news i have seen lots of interviews with 18-25 yr olds and at least 90% said they will vote this time and will vote Lib Dem, 'because they are new and fresh and we need to get rid of the old parties that are stuck in their old ways, the parties fuddy old mum and dad vote for', type comments coming out of the mouths of feckless 22 yr olds who still haven't decided what they are going to do with their lives so are doing another year of studying dance or media.

Politics in this country is such bollox.

Also, the bloke may be a total chod (no maybe, he is), but i wish interveiwers would stop calling him Gordon, he is the Prime Minister, address him as such, it just shows how disrepectful and casual this country has become.
 

Similar threads

Top