Parts of arrse forcing pop up windows with possible malware links

While trying to do the screenshot thing, I managed to turn my phone off. The pop-up and voice have gone (for the time being).

Notable that the text varies -rewards, -awards, -lucky.

Damn! The pop-up keeps coming back again. Mine is red text on white for the title, black on white otherwise.

While trying to do the screenshot thing, I managed to turn my phone off. The pop-up and voice have gone (for the time being).

Notable that the text varies -rewards, -awards, -lucky.

Damn! The pop-up keeps coming back again. Mine is red text on white for the title, black on white otherwise.
Same here. Kicks in every few minutes.

As above I have been getting this and the voice saying congratulations. I have had to close the page down to get rid of it. The wording changes between iphone and Samsung user.

Screenshot_20190525-221417.png

If you're on your phone, download duckduckgo as your browser, it's unaffected unlike Chrome.
As a work-around, I'm using my old HTC on WI-fi via Firefox as Samsung/Samsung Internet/ARRSE is so bad as to be unworkable.

It begs the question, though, is the browser compromised, is the ISP compromised or are they both OK but ARRSE is being flagged up as a dodgy site?

Also (on Samsung), coming up as super-giftcard.today and iphone-lucky.club and super-giftcard.world

and samsung-winner.club

Back again

Attachments

Two different devices now.

Attachments

On-going feedback.

The "Deceptive site ahead" and "Congratulations" seem to be behaving themselves at the moment.

Just hope I'm not tempting fate.

Still on going.
May have to get ddg

Still on going.
May have to get ddg
Mine not only came back but it spread to my HTC. :(

Currently trying out all of the potential solutions on the internet but don't fully understand what I'm doing so hope I dont do something really silly.

Mine not only came back but it spread to my HTC. :(

Currently trying out all of the potential solutions on the internet but don't fully understand what I'm doing so hope I dont do something really silly.
Don’t bother. It’s not your fault.
One of the grown ups will tinker with knobs, flick switches & tap dials behind the scenes before long & all will be once again rosey in the arrse garden.

Don’t bother. It’s not your fault.
One of the grown ups will tinker with knobs, flick switches & tap dials behind the scenes before long & all will be once again rosey in the arrse garden.
Except that it happened on my HTC when I wasn't on ARRSE.

Same here. Although I'm getting this on newspaper sites too. I've scanned my phone, everything is fine and no Malware. Would love to know what's going on.
I've had a bit of a search and it seems that the pop-up is a legitimate Google security feature. Apparently, it can be disabled but you have to ask yourself whether you really want to disable a security feature.

The site I found recommended affected site owners to tinker with their settings (I've forgotten which site and the content was above my comprehension) but one of the possible causes for triggering the pop-ups appears to be having too many ads on the page or an ad having some suspicious content. I've a suspicion that the problem may be in one of the ads that is part of a scrolling group given that the time between opening a new page and the pop-up appearing varies from immediate to many seconds, perhaps even minutes.

I also suspect that the "Congratulations" problem is a separate issue that is down to the phone (bundled adware?) but that's only conjecture based on different solutions being offered by sites that have come up in Google searches.