Part time RAF plod jailed for fraud

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spaz, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It made me chuckle.

Link

2. You'd get less than that for running over and killing a child in the road!

3. Bogus Medals, Uber Walting and now fraud. The Henlow Snowdrops are really getting a good name for themselves. Considering there is only a Squadron of them they seem to have a good vetting a recruitment policy....NOT! :twisted:

"Got a conviction? want one? Join the RAF Police Reserve"

4. Really, what else have they been up to?

5. You have to laugh, 2 years for defrauding the government of 15k, yet the people involved in the likes of the QINETIQ, rail network and other government sell offs that defrauded the government of hundreds of millions get huge bonuses and knighhoods :lol:

We'll not mention the ATLAS consortium or GDUK, they've got more MBEs and KBEs than you can shake a stick at :lol:

6. Have a search through the site for the half dozen or so threads about them, including one of the muppets meeting HRH with a load of walt bling he'd bought from somewhere :lol:

7. What he should have done is claimed that he did not "understand" the rules. Seems to work for MP's (Westminster not Monkeys) when they inadvertantly claim tens of thousands of pounds. He would then avoid jail and his "reputation" as honourable would remain intact.

8. I like that, cos it has the ring of truth about it.

9. And thats before you talk about C130J, Chinook, JPA all of which would make the £15k look like Monoply money!

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'm slightly curios: Why did they end up in a civ court, not a Courts Martial? Last time I checked the RAF still had military pretensions.

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Could it be this maybe the taxman has got involved

[/quote]

The RAF are really hard on fiddling claims a few years ago I remember 2 MT Sqn got hammered for bogus claims right as far as a Wing Co IIRC

12. they should have opened a 'John Lewis' account. it would have been accepted then!

13. What they did was wrong, they should be punished but it really annoys me when guys like this get 2 years for stealing 15k and people in the big business get the same length of sentences for stealing millions, that's if they're not helped into hiding the rip offs so they can walk away before charges are handed out.

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Don't forget these 'guys' were policemen. I think they were lucky to get away with 2 years!

15. Don't forget these 'guys' were policemen. I think they were lucky to get away with 2 years![/quote]

are 'policemen' sposed to get away with it? they're normally the worse offenders!