Part-time Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 - TA Assistance on MTDS

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by AKX_Evangelist, Aug 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Army Knowledge eXchange (AKX), LF "one stop shop for Land environment operational knowledge" - need some short term help - 3 months or so (possibly longer). We are looking for a someone to assist on a part-time (MTD basis, or similar) who is able to design and edit Web Pages using Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 or who is totally familiar with the use of MS SharePoint.

The small AKX team have recently lost a web designer and will shortly (fingers crossed) get the go ahead to recruit a replacement Band D Civil Servant, but in the interim we need someone to help keep AKX on the road who is reasonably proficient in MS Office SharePoint 2007 and Web Design; preferably fluent in HTML script writing from ‘scratch’ (we are not able to accommodate individuals wishing to ‘learn on the job’ ) with a good understanding of the military environment.

The commitment will be potentially up to 50 MTDs funded from LWC UIN in this training year. Any volunteer should preferably live in the Wiltshire area or reasonable commuting distance from BA12 ODJ, working out of LWC Warminster. Accommodation is available on a limited basis at LWC messes bookable through Central Accommodation Booking Service.

A Job Description is available on request. The post is rank ranged WO2 to Maj but suitable candidates outside this range with the appropriate skill set may be considered. An ideal candidate must be a good communicator, be able to show initiative and be available during normal working hours, Mon-Fri. We need help now until a suitable candidate is identified to fill the post full time.

For more information please contact, LWDG-IMS-AKX-SO2 Database Manager (malcolm.parsons820@mod.uk), Maj Malcolm Parsons on 01985 223056 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************01985 223056******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************01985 223056******end_of_the_skype_highlighting (mil: 94381 3056).

2. Shame i left last year after 3 years as ther web developer for the Army Recruiting & Training Division (TAFMIS).

Sorry i didn't see this then or i my have been tempted to go TA and com work there for a while.