Parliamentary questions

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by Anthony_Riches, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have the chance to input some defence oriented questions to a friendly MP of my acquaintance - and no, I'm not going to say who it is - which MAY in turn get asked in Parliament. Since I have no doubt that this site is routinely trawled by the powers that be, please send me any bright ideas you may have for searching questions about Nimrod, Tornado, the carriers, the Scimitar replacement (I could go on) to riches_mail@btinternet.com.

In case anyone thinks I'm any sort of provocateur, you can go to my website (Anthony Riches | HOME | Anthony Riches is the author of the best selling Empire series, the story of Marcus Valerius Aquila's fight to survive the battlefields and intrigues of the Roman Empire in the late second century.) to prove otherwise. I have three generations of army service in the family (Grenadiers in the Boer War, Leicesters in WW1 and Royal Armoured Corps in WW2, I've raised money for HfH by doing stupid things in Roman armour and I care deeply about defence matters.

If any one wants to abuse me for not doing my bit for the country in turn, or to tell me in best NAAFI bar style that they're a transvestite lorry driver from Leeds who likes the back doors knocking in feel free since I won't give a toss, but don't please expect an answer. This is a genuine attempt to ratchet up the pressure on a government that should be doing a lot better than the current pathetic decision making around where the money gets saved.

Thanks,

Tony.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Please check PMs Anthony.

3. Thanks Auld-Yin - your Stumpy stories had me in tears of laughter, by the way.

Amended - apologies to Auld Sapper!!