Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Closet_Jibber, Jan 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have sat for the last couple of hours and watched the BBC Parliament as they discuss a Policing and Crime Bill.

Only one thing is certain. Neither side of the house has a clue about what happens in the real world.

I have found myself acting as the voice of common sense by shouting at the TV demanding the extract their heads from their backsides and open their eyes. If they're not lying and giving duff figures and statistics they are giving their opinions of what is happening in the nations cities. Both are utter tosh.

At one point they were suggesting that in order to tackle human trafficing they should remove the demand for sex... I mean what the hell?

Another point suggested that the Police should take every child between the ages of 10 and 17 home if they have been drinking alcohol... Are the Police to be issued coaches?

Apparently all crime is down by a third and 50% of people are happier with the state of anti social behaviour than they were ten years ago.

How does this country stand a chance with such people at the wheel that are obviously not listening to the public and have no connection to the real world?

Rant OFF.
  2. These people think that they know what is going on in the world, so they know what's best for us, even if we don't.

Excuse me whilst I go to my 2nd home paid by taxpayers...
  3. Welcome to the real world.
    Most of us have known for a long time that our glourious leaders have no clue,and most of them could not find their own arrses with both hands.
  4. As a measure of how things differ between Parliament and Country look at what used to be the annual death penalty debate (abolished by a certain T Bliar). The country would have voted unanimously for reintroduction if it were given a referendum, but MP's constantly opposed it. It used to be debated once in every parliamentary session, but T Bliar abolished it when he signed the Human Rights act.
  5. Yaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn
  6. You may find it boring Sven but there are important principles at stake here, our legislative authority is so removed from real life as to be totally insulated from the day to day life found on the streets.
  7. Needless to say, Bob - I disagree with your analysis (such as it is)
  8. Killing people in cold blood. Just what the state is for :x
  9. Just woken up have we?

Bad news for you....Trisha isnt on for at least another eight hours yet.

10. Care to explain or at least post a link, Sven?
  11. Oh My local MP Alledgedly lives a 100 yards from me but apart from TV and leaflets I have never seen him in the flesh.
    When was the last time you bumped in to an MP in the shop?
    Once they get to Parliment they are on a gravy train.

MP's should be picked at random like Jurors, allowed to serve only once, and their pay and conditions only changed by Public referendum.

Convicted criminals, the Mentally deranged obvious exceptions to this compulsory call up.
    Minimum age 30 as they should have some life experience.
  12. Oh c'mon - that's a bit rich, given some of your posts!
  13. You can't just criticise Parliament like that Bob.

Despite not working for 19 years, Sven still has aspirations to get elected the day the Lib Dems sweep to power.
  14. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Does this mean you're not a lobotomised Fib Dem anymore and have gone over to the Red side?
  15. One and the same in event of a hung parliament Woopert.

Mmmm - a Hung parliament - why am I getting a curiously satisfying image in my head!