Parkour/Free Running

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by IdeasFactory, Jan 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if there's an Army Parkour Club, yet?

I saw the documentary, "Jump Britain" the other day and, although I fear I am already too old and inflexible to do this, I did like the idea of adding a new dimension to running by jumping, hurdling, climbing and rolling along the way.

Anyone tried it?

IF

2. Would you care to write a risk assessment for "Jumping Off Tall Buildings and High Walls without any Safety Equipment" :?:

3. Can't be any worse than the RA for a confidence course.

IF

4. No I'd love to try it though, but at 28 I think I may be too old to even attempt it aswell lol but i'd sure give it a darn good try.

5. Anything on goooogle?

6. Not sure, I'll ave a look and post anything that I find :)

7. hit a copper on the head/steal his hat. i guarantee you will run faster and have a more exciting route.

how its a sport i dont know. i hope they dont find a way to make me do it. ill feel more embarrased than my first dance lesson at junior school

there was a article on it in "front" magazine a few months back. had some contact details in it. i cant find mine but someone out there must have one.

laters easy