Parking tickets

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by DieHard, Oct 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I just received a parking ticket from my local authority. Normally I wouldn't make a fuss over it but this time its a bit different. firstly I have paid the fine because at the end of the day I was on a double yellow.
    I went out the other day but only got a short distance before I started to get a chest pain, so I pulled over to use my GTN spray, it was while I was Sat there doing this that I was caught on camera by one of them sneaky council cars.
    The car is registered as disabled as am I.
    Do you think this is sufficient grounds to ask them to cancel the notice and refund the money I have paid?
    Usually I wouldn't contest a ticket because if I do get one its because I have parked wrongly, but this time if I hadn't stopped I could of had an accident
  2. go for it you have nothing to loose by appealing.
    and the local authority might, just might care!
    good luck!!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I'd give it a go - it was either that or (I assume) things could have got a lot more serious quickly. It'll only cost the price of a postage stamp.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, go for it, involve a local councillor sometimes they are useful.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

They could of got more serious also when you use the spray it lowers your blood pressure so you need to wait a few minutes before driving off
  6. if your registerd disabled and have a blue badge you can legally park on double yellow lines.

if you were in the car when the picture was taken, your not classed as parked just stopped, you can legally stop on double yellow lines.

stopping for a medical emergency. you can stop anywhere even if it is signed not to stop.

i hope this helps
    • Like Like x 7
  7. HHH

HHH LE

• Like Like x 1
  8. Surely with a disabled badge you can park on double yellows so long as you aren't contravening other traffic law e.g. near a junction, brow of hill etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Pretty much covers it!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Thanks that's quite a list. I don't need to tell dvla at the moment only if the arrythmia returns to constant as opposed to on and off at the moment.
    There have been times when I have had to stop heart attacks and vt the first you have to wait a month the latter when the professionals say its ok to do so.
  11. Is this true only for the disabled? I as ticketed about two years ago by a nob with a camera for stopping for 10 seconds to let someone out on double yellows near a train station.
  12. It counts as 'waiting and parking' so you can be ticketed while still in the car
  13. I think it would have been a very good reason to challenge the ticket, but I don't think you have much of a chance of getting it refunded once paid. Just my opinion. Sorry.