Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Park Your Car in a Stupid Place Day..

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/10/super...bstructing-delivery-van-4756600/?ito=facebook

Supermarket staff broke into a woman’s car and rolled it into a bush so a truck could make a delivery.

Janina Wasiuta says she had just finished work when she noticed that her Ford Fiesta was no longer where she left it that morning – parked in an alley between an Aldi and a railway line.

She soon discovered the car in a nearby bush, window smashed, with no note explaining the situation.

ad_137346832.jpg

ad_137346651.jpg

Aldi have offered to pay for the repairs but Ms Wasiuta said the ordeal had left her very upset.

‘Their attitude has been disgusting. I’m really shocked by it all and I found it really quite distressing,’ she said.

Serves her damn right......

S

simmer

Yeah but you'd Deffo slip it one though. Sympathy and 'never mind love. It will be ok'

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app on my shiny new IPhone

2/51

LE
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/5482/city-centre-road-delays/

What the photo does not show is that the BMW is at the start of a bend. The bus on the left will have been passing legally parked cars and would not have seen the other bus until it had already passed any places it could pull in. Same goes for the other bendy bus. In front of the BMW, about 10 yards away are more parked cars.

The two buses can only pass on the bit the BMW is parked in.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Streetview suggests the road is probably private as it only leads to Aldi loading bay and a scrap metal dealer..

http://goo.gl/CiRhQO

Tough shit, I would go so far as to suggest that if you did not realise your car would obstruct a narrow alley then perhaps your licence should be revoked, because you are clearly to fukin stupid to drive you whining mongtard.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/5482/city-centre-road-delays/

What the photo does not show is that the BMW is at the start of a bend. The bus on the left will have been passing legally parked cars and would not have seen the other bus until it had already passed any places it could pull in. Same goes for the other bendy bus. In front of the BMW, about 10 yards away are more parked cars.

FFS.

Half a dozen hefty men, and that BMW could have been 'bounced' out of the way.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS.

Half a dozen hefty men, and that BMW could have been 'bounced' out of the way.
No, they should have got the fork lift out and dropped it over the fence.

Now imagine her face on returning to her well parked car. How the eff did it get there?

I have little sympathy for the woman, however the fact that ALDI staff apparently never even bothered to leave some kind of note isn't right either.

Criminal Damage charges look set to follow.

Well they can't charge a firm so it will have to be the individual who broke the car window who would clearly under duress from his employers to do it.

Could make for an interesting case if there is a 'not guilty' plea.

Given the circumstances would you back a jury to convict?

After wages a Supermarkets largest cost is distribution. The fact an expensive artic + driver was delayed for four hours will have a cost knock on, and will in the long run lead to higher prices for all of us.

It is no exaggeration to say these firms like to keep these wagons moving 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Why didn't the police move the BMW? It looks like there's plenty of room to at least shove it onto the pavement, if not tow it. It's a long time since I drove round Aberdeen but I'd imagine an hour of the road being shut would cause long delays elsewhere?

Well they can't charge a firm so it will have to be the individual who broke the car window who would clearly under duress from his employers to do it.

You really think it would go to Crown Court then ?
More likely she has had her iffy fit in print, will take the damages offered and no doubt a slack handful of vouchers for free shopping. Thick tart.

So it's ok to take the law into your own hands? An ambulance or a fire engine not being able to access the place is a fair reason for what they did. A supermarket lorry? I hope the fines a big one!

It's a load of nonsense. She wasn't parked unlawfully and even if she had been, I still don't think they have the right to damage her car.

They should have called a copper and let them decide whether it can be moved and how to do it. If they were there for four hours, they had plenty of time to wait for them to turn up.

As for supermarket prices going up because of the delay. No doubt Aldi's insurance company will be forking out for this one. If doing this is allowable in law, wait until all the chav's realise there's a new way to make a claim on insurance and watch the premiums go up for everyone.

She may have been inconsiderate in her parking. Aldi's were very stupid in how they overcame the problem.

You really think it would go to Crown Court then ?
More likely she has had her iffy fit in print, will take the damages offered and no doubt a slack handful of vouchers for free shopping. Thick tart.

As far as I am aware if the offence can carry a penalty of jail time in excess of 6 Months or the offence so serious they feel their sentencing powers insufficient then the magistrates will not hear it and send it to Crown Court.

Then if the defendant pleads not guilty it would be heard by a jury.

Of course in this case it is unlikely any punishment would be in excess of 6 Month imprisonment so if the defendant were to plead either way the Magistrates could hear it. Guided as always by the legally trained (and qualified) justice clerk.

After wages a Supermarkets largest cost is distribution. The fact an expensive artic + driver was delayed for four hours will have a cost knock on, and will in the long run lead to higher prices for all of us.

It is no exaggeration to say these firms like to keep these wagons moving 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Unfortunately, the only defence in law to an act of criminal damage is one of lawful excuse, in that;

(a) at the time ... he believed that the person ... believed to be entitled to consent to the destruction or damage ... had so consented, or would have consented had they known ..., or

(b) he destroyed or damaged ... the property in question ... in order to protect property ... and at the time ... he believed—

(i) that the property ... was in immediate need of protection; and

(ii) that the means of protection ... were ... reasonable having regard to all the circumstances.
Someone availing themselves of this defence need only satisfy the court that it was an honestly held belief, even if that belief was incorrect.

However, as there is no likelihood that there was any property in immediate need of protection (we're talking about smashing in doors and windows to deal with a fire or flood, or to save a life, really) and that other less destructive methods were not employed to remedy (eg the use of a recovery vehicle), I'd say that they were in the wrong according to the law.

2/51

LE
Why didn't the police move the BMW? It looks like there's plenty of room to at least shove it onto the pavement, if not tow it. It's a long time since I drove round Aberdeen but I'd imagine an hour of the road being shut would cause long delays elsewhere?

The Police did move it, by way of a tow truck, but it took a while for the truck to get though the traffic! They had to bring it up the wrong side of Holburn street. The tailbacks went the length of Union Street onto King Street and back down the hill onto the main road South.

So it's ok to take the law into your own hands? An ambulance or a fire engine not being able to access the place is a fair reason for what they did. A supermarket lorry? I hope the fines a big one!

It's a load of nonsense. She wasn't parked unlawfully and even if she had been, I still don't think they have the right to damage her car.

They should have called a copper and let them decide whether it can be moved and how to do it. If they were there for four hours, they had plenty of time to wait for them to turn up.

As for supermarket prices going up because of the delay. No doubt Aldi's insurance company will be forking out for this one. If doing this is allowable in law, wait until all the chav's realise there's a new way to make a claim on insurance and watch the premiums go up for everyone.

She may have been inconsiderate in her parking. Aldi's were very stupid in how they overcame the problem.

The fine is hardly likely to impact on Aldi is it?

As we have already established a firm cannot be charged with Crim damage. It's not allowable in law and whichever way you look at it it is criminal damage. The only question is the circumstances surrounding and the steps taken by the firm in trying to find the driver would be mitigating factors.

End of the day the silly tart should not have parked where she did, it may not have been lined or signed but it isn't rocket science is it. Obstruction is as much breaking the law as criminal damage is and if she was blocking access to the loading bay it was obstruction.

I used to work in this trade some years ago and have bumped cars onto pavements and the like before to get around this sort of knobness. In occasional cases I attempted the manoeuvre anyway sometimes damaging the parked vehicle in the process, it is then a simple RTA with details exchanged and the insurance to sort it out. No criminal damage involved.

Latest Threads