Paris this RWC Semi-Final Weekend - Beers

Mr Happy

LE
Guys,

I'm the lucky holder of a ticket for both semi finals and will be in Paris with similar lucky mates to watch the games.

Is anyone else in Paris and fancying a beer or two this weekend? I'm on my lonesome Friday night so recommendations for beers would be welcome.

Mr H

Mr Happy said:
Guys,

I'm the lucky holder of a ticket for both semi finals and will be in Paris with similar lucky mates to watch the games.

Is anyone else in Paris and fancying a beer or two this weekend? I'm on my lonesome Friday night so recommendations for beers would be welcome.

Mr H
O'Sullivans outside the Moulin Rouge could be a good place to be post match and it's only a few stops on the Metro from Stade France on line 13(get off at Place de Clichy(sp) and walk about 5 mins to Moulin Rouge)

Spent a very good Saturday and Sunday there after last weekends matches :D

Go to the Bastille.

Kitty O'Shea's is on the corner. It is worth a quick look, but if you go past it and turn right, there is a longish cobbled type street full of rugby related bars. Rue de something; bit like a Rose St in Edinburgh.

Mr Happy said:
Guys,

Mr H
Smug B'stard :D :wink:

Mr Happy

LE
Commander_Vimes said:
Mr Happy said:
Guys,

Mr H
O'Sullivans outside the Moulin Rouge could be a good place to be post match and it's only a few stops on the Metro from Stade France on line 13(get off at Place de Clichy(sp) and walk about 5 mins to Moulin Rouge)

Spent a very good Saturday and Sunday there after last weekends matches :D
Thats perfect, I am staying at Abbesses anyway as I used to live on Rue Lepic so sorted.

@ LWM, I applied online at the RWC website in April... Of my friends that also did this, I'd say 50% got tickets which is a fair hit rate!

Mr Happy said:
Thats perfect, I am staying at Abbesses anyway as I used to live on Rue Lepic so sorted.

@ LWM, I applied online at the RWC website in April... Of my friends that also did this, I'd say 50% got tickets which is a fair hit rate!
Regret now that I didn't take up my semi allocation, and final tickets, when offered. Really fancy another weekend in Paris and looking at the pictures coming out of there wish I was there now, mind you I don't think the liver could handle anymore alcohol after last Sundays session :crying:

Mr Happy

LE
My body is in pain from my birthday bash last night, erally don't need a full weekend staring me in the face... However, like ENG, I shall stare adversity in the face and crack on - its not for me you understand, its for my country.

Mr Happy said:
My body is in pain from my birthday bash last night, erally don't need a full weekend staring me in the face... However, like ENG, I shall stare adversity in the face and crack on - its not for me you understand, its for my country.
For your bravery under extreme circumstances I shall be contacting the Palace to ensure that your sacrifice is not in vain, I salute your bravery Sir :bow:

Mr Happy

LE
Just back, I'll post a report for those that are interested.

Re RWC Final tickets. the prices on ebay are insane and lies.

I was offered a pair of 341 EUR tickets for 1500 total (so about 100% above).

Also on Friday 2 for 1600 (don't recall face value)

and a pair of 500 face for 1500

In my book its not worth paying that much for a ticket to a 80 minute game but I'm not the only one.

The reasons tickets are plentiful and shouldn't be at ebay prices are:

France lost - 30,000 tickets to go
NZ and Australia lost - big groups bought semi and final ticket packages and so the Kiwi's and so on are trying to offload and see a bit more of Europe instead.

Just FYI

I'll be there next week.

Mr H

oldbaldy

LE
Mr Happy said:
J
Just FYI

I'll be there next week.

Mr H
No wonder your Mr Happy.