Paris this RWC Semi-Final Weekend - Beers

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Mr Happy, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Guys,

I'm the lucky holder of a ticket for both semi finals and will be in Paris with similar lucky mates to watch the games.

Is anyone else in Paris and fancying a beer or two this weekend? I'm on my lonesome Friday night so recommendations for beers would be welcome.

Mr H

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I'll take it that its just me then?

3. O'Sullivans outside the Moulin Rouge could be a good place to be post match and it's only a few stops on the Metro from Stade France on line 13(get off at Place de Clichy(sp) and walk about 5 mins to Moulin Rouge)

Spent a very good Saturday and Sunday there after last weekends matches :D

4. Go to the Bastille.

Kitty O'Shea's is on the corner. It is worth a quick look, but if you go past it and turn right, there is a longish cobbled type street full of rugby related bars. Rue de something; bit like a Rose St in Edinburgh.

5. Smug B'stard :D :wink:

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Thats perfect, I am staying at Abbesses anyway as I used to live on Rue Lepic so sorted.

@ LWM, I applied online at the RWC website in April... Of my friends that also did this, I'd say 50% got tickets which is a fair hit rate!

7. Regret now that I didn't take up my semi allocation, and final tickets, when offered. Really fancy another weekend in Paris and looking at the pictures coming out of there wish I was there now, mind you I don't think the liver could handle anymore alcohol after last Sundays session :crying:

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

My body is in pain from my birthday bash last night, erally don't need a full weekend staring me in the face... However, like ENG, I shall stare adversity in the face and crack on - its not for me you understand, its for my country.

9. For your bravery under extreme circumstances I shall be contacting the Palace to ensure that your sacrifice is not in vain, I salute your bravery Sir :bow:

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Just back, I'll post a report for those that are interested.

Re RWC Final tickets. the prices on ebay are insane and lies.

I was offered a pair of 341 EUR tickets for 1500 total (so about 100% above).

Also on Friday 2 for 1600 (don't recall face value)

and a pair of 500 face for 1500

In my book its not worth paying that much for a ticket to a 80 minute game but I'm not the only one.

The reasons tickets are plentiful and shouldn't be at ebay prices are:

France lost - 30,000 tickets to go
    NZ and Australia lost - big groups bought semi and final ticket packages and so the Kiwi's and so on are trying to offload and see a bit more of Europe instead.

Just FYI

I'll be there next week.

Mr H

11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No wonder your Mr Happy.