Parents tell lies for their sprog's education, poll

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chef, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Yes I have kids

15 vote(s)
  2. Yes I don't have kids yet

2 vote(s)
  3. Never I have kids

6 vote(s)
  4. Never I don't have kids yet

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So to put this to bed let us go down the poll road.
  2. Where the option : Stacker says it's very, very, very, very, very, very naughty?
  3. I take it you mean lie as in sign a fraudulent school admissions form and send forgeries of the documents required to support that application? (Other thread was full of people who didn't seem to know much about what actually happens in admissions).

Not lie to your children as in "the strange man coming into your bedroom tonight is Father Christmas".

My children are primary and secondary age, and yes I've been through all this recently with more to come. And no, I wouldn't lie.
  4. Well spotted, as you can see on the other thread its "telling a few porkies", "doing the best for your child" etc. The wording should be fraud. (But thats okay if you have a child its only very, very, very, very, very, very naughty if you do it and dont have a child).
  5. Stacker, the last person as honest and wholesome as you ended up getting nailed up on a great big dod of wood.
  6. So fraud is okay? Will that be the end of half the outrage threads when someone who is not an ARRSE member does it? Or will all the frothy-mouths still be ranting against muslims/unemployed/immigrants/politicians?
  7. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I've got two kids and we managed to get them in to a good school by the sneaky, underhanded method of actually living in its catchment area. Of course, it meant that we had to accept limitations on the places and types of work we could take and the size and location of house we could live in but aren't we supposed to be doing whatever it takes for our kids?

Personally, I think a parent who's prepared to sacrifice their integrity but not their lifestyle for the sake their kid's education isn't worthy of the title.

9. Then file me under disgustingly lacking in integrity.

Meanwhile. Son has an MSc in Computer Science and is an IT manager with one of the worlds largest defence companies and the daughter is Customer Services Manager for a large multinational utilities company.

Do I feel bad I did everything in my power and bent the odd rule to give them the leg up I didn't have throughout their schooling? Do I f**k!
    Every other parent was doing the same and only a super pompous and pious fool would have stood above the reality on the ground and let their kids suffer.
    I'm sure you will also argue that some other kid may have 'suffered' by my efforts, but alas, it's a very true truism of life, that stupid parents often have stupid kids, and if the parents were too stupid to step up and fight their kids corner, ah well, the kids probably weren't going to benefit anyway.

I sleep very comfortably thank you and the kids are very grateful that their Dad put them No1. It's a biological imperitive to fight tooth and nail for your kids, and anyone arguing otherwise is either (a) bluffing to look good on the internetz, or (b), hasn't got kids.
  10. It would also seem to be a 'biological imperative' not to want to make sacrifices in comfort for them, but to take the easy way out by lying instead. Oddly enough, my kids are doing all right at school, including the Saturday morning Chinese school we send them to, and we haven't had to resort to any form of trickery to get it. That evidence leads me to believe that the 'it's the only way' argument is a load of self-serving shite.

The lesson I'm teaching my kids is that other people cheat, lie and deceive but then other people inject heroin and jump off the Kingston Bridge. File me under disgustingly lacking in biological imperative.