Parents and loved ones advice

When he or she comes home on leave don’t let your first words be
“Hello, when do you back?”
I think that happened throughout my time in the army, were they trying to tell me something:-?
I got that a lot. My parents also moved house when I was in basic training. Didn't work though.

Excuse my cynicism. But i am beginning to detect some sort of a con, conspiracy put up job, what ever you may call it. Army Mama's copy on this thread is reminiscent of a trained journalist, its too pat, to precise, too well balanced, incorporating all the cliches of a proud and happy mother. I somehow feel that its a put up job, engineered by the PR boys at MOD to promote the ARMY as the be all and end all of the making of a man. Its too bloody perfect.

If i am wrong, i do whole hardheartedly apologize, there is no malice in my comments, just a healthy suspicion.
You do realise that some people are able to write well thought out, intelligent, constructive and articulate posts instead of coming across as button mashers? Especially when a lot of button mashers have previously served.

I think you are way off the ball on this one.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Army mama

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well, he did it. Passed out of ITC Catterick. The end of an intense life changing phase but I’m sure it’s only the start of something even bigger! To all the parents reading this, no matter when you read it, just know that the rollercoaster doesn’t last forever. Brace yourself and remember it’s normal to worry and stress over them. Just be that listening ear and don’t allow them to make any rash decisions on emotions. Accept there will be low points but just know that there will be high points too. It’s all worth it though to see them pass out. A day you’ll never ever forget.

Well, he did it. Passed out of ITC Catterick. The end of an intense life changing phase but I’m sure it’s only the start of something even bigger! To all the parents reading this, no matter when you read it, just know that the rollercoaster doesn’t last forever. Brace yourself and remember it’s normal to worry and stress over them. Just be that listening ear and don’t allow them to make any rash decisions on emotions. Accept there will be low points but just know that there will be high points too. It’s all worth it though to see them pass out. A day you’ll never ever forget.
Well done him. Stupid thing to say because it's obvious, how proud you are. And so you should be.

Army mama

On ROPS
On ROPs
Nice vid

shame you couldn't attend mama.

That video is from July 2020.

Thankfully ITC is permitting families and friends back in to watch pass out parades. However each recruit is limited to just two guests and still some restrictions are in place. The bar area that they used to use afterwards is closed and we remained outdoors for the entire time. They also spaced us out on the stands.
It really was well organised and I feel for all the intakes last year that didn’t have guests.

Latest Threads