Parenting skills

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tiny_lewis, Oct 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else wonder if the parents of April Jones took parenting tips from the McCanns?What the fuck was she doing out at 7pm, unsupervised???

There again, has anyone looked under the bed yet?

2. They where at her school, the Head teacher also stated that they put in the hours helping out

Edited to add: Watch the news yer thick cunt

• Like Like x 2
  3. Under the bed checked...all clear!

Back on the bus please, nothing to see here.

4. oh ffs, you were never walking in your neighbourhood when you were a kid?
    i did, and i somehow survived.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

a playpark surrounded by the houses and packed with other kids - you wouldn't really be expecting any issue. a 5 year old out that late when its usually get ready for bed time is more of an issue.

7 seems to be the big boy age now going by my neighbours youngest, I used to get the regular bus to and from school when I was 5

6. It's too easy to jump on the outrage bus. If the parents are with them, then kids are mollycoddled now, if the parents aren't then they are unfit parents.

All I can say is I used to run around when I was 5, though not far and wide, and have no problems with my 9,7 and 4 year old trotting round the neighbourhood with each other and their friends. Having said that, the 4 year old is usually glued to his mum (his choice) or his eldest brother, and we live in a really quiet, tucked away, middle of nowhere corner.

Sometimes, horrible things happen

• Like Like x 1
  7. I prefer the reverse, put the kids outside as a baby, and if they make it to 5 years old, then they're allowed in and deserve some attention.

• Like Like x 1